Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Workspace problem in my Application
Workspace problem in my Application [message #640606] Mon, 22 November 2010 15:33 Go to next message
Nico Stieler is currently offline Nico StielerFriend
Hi,
I already posted my problem in the newcomers-forum and alos found an old post from April 2009 with exactly the same problem, but without an solution, here the old post:
Quote:
Hi,

I am facing some workspace related issues in my RCP application. I will be very grateful if someone could help me on them :

1. When I launch the application, it does not prompt for choosing a workspace. It is starting with the default workspace.

2. I have a switch workspace menu in my rcp application. When I try to switch my workspace, it throws an error "eclipse.vm property has not been set".

3. I have also observed across a couple of forums that people have got switch workspace working but when the workbench restarts, it restarts with the old workspace itself.

Prompt replies will be appreciated. Thanks.

I hope sombody can help me.

Thanks.

Regards,
Nico
icon5.gif  Update: Workspace problem in my Application [message #640935 is a reply to message #640606] Tue, 23 November 2010 15:34 Go to previous message
Nico Stieler is currently offline Nico StielerFriend
Hello Everybody,

Here a update to my Problem:

When I switch the workspace it sets the values in the org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs file,
BUT when my application is restarting it does not load this workspace.

I suspect that I forgot something in my Application class (implementation of the interface org.eclipse.equinox.app.IApplication).
Maybe to call a method which reads and handles the workspace-config-file

I hope you can help me on that.

Best regards,
Nico
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.core.expressions.definitions help..
Next Topic:First headless build with p2.gathering=true
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:23:27 GMT 2024