Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [CNF] viewerContentBinding exclusions
[CNF] viewerContentBinding exclusions [message #640141] Fri, 19 November 2010 10:23 Go to next message
Christophe Fondacci is currently offline Christophe FondacciFriend
Hello all,

I think I got a problem with exclusions in my Common navigators. I got several common navigators in my applications (I love them) for different aspects I need to render.

Each of these navigators need to be seperated : that means I don't want label or content providers from one navigator to interfere with label or content provider of other navigators. I do this because it could happen that 2 different navigators render a same object differently : they could provide different content or be displayed differently.

To make the exclusion, I am using the "excludes" node of the viewerContentBinding (from org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer extension point). It seems to not always work properly as I sometime end up with excluded content being called.

More precisely, my problem seems to be located in the NavigatorContentServiceLabelProvider.getStyledText(Object) method. When I debug here, I can see that an excluded label provider coming from an excluded navigatorContent definition is iterated and handles the label generation, which is therefore incorrect for me.
I say "seems" because I am not 100% sure I understand the CNF code properly. But I do think there is a problem because the "extensions" variable containing the iterated content extension I see the exact extension which I excluded in the viewerBinding.

If so, that would mean that the NavigatorContentService.findPossibleLabelExtensions(Object) method has a problem. Actually, it seems to only consider the "possible childs" of a navigator content and could therefore not exclude the contents we tagged as "excluded".

Could anyone give me a hint on this ? Is there any workaround ? (at the moment, I will play with priorities to tweak the order but I don't like this very much).

Thank you very much for any advice,
Christophe
http://www.nextep-softwares.com
Re: [CNF] viewerContentBinding exclusions [message #640182 is a reply to message #640141] Fri, 19 November 2010 13:41 Go to previous message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
I think you are hitting this bug.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=232860

Previous Topic:Display stand toolbar
Next Topic:Any way to lock down editing of file for any text editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:56:39 GMT 2024