Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Common Navigator Framework and LinkHelper(Problems with non expanded Children)
Common Navigator Framework and LinkHelper [message #639640] Wed, 17 November 2010 10:20 Go to next message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
Hi Everyone,

I am having some trouble with the CNF and a LinkHelper. Selecting an Editor does not initially select the corresponding child in the CNF, when the child was not expanded so far. Once it has been expanded, the LinkHelper works fine. In that case i am able to closse the tree view and can re-expand to the child by selecting again the corresponding editor.

It looks like the CNF needs to parse all children once to be able to do the link properly. Is there any way out of this problem?

Cheers

Phil

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2010 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Common Navigator Framework and LinkHelper [message #639734 is a reply to message #639640] Wed, 17 November 2010 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
The problem is probably in your NavigatorContentExtension where it's not properly providing the parent of a given element. The CNF starts with the element that it needs to show and goes up the tree to something that is already visible. If the getParent() of a given element is not returning the right thing then it will have the effect you are talking about.

Re: Common Navigator Framework and LinkHelper [message #640074 is a reply to message #639734] Thu, 18 November 2010 23:04 Go to previous message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
Hi Francis,

Yes you are right! I just found it an hour before your post. I did some debugging and it was exactly the problem you mentioned:
My ContentProvider was having some trouble in the getParent-Method failing to hand back the root elements to their direct Children. Fixing this solved all the trouble...

Thank you a lot

Phil
Previous Topic:How to remove the unwanted "Run as/Debug as" from context menu
Next Topic:Display stand toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:26:45 GMT 2024