Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Blueprints release date?
Blueprints release date? [message #639302] Tue, 16 November 2010 00:31 Go to next message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Blueprints are the most interesting part of Gemini for some of us, whether on the Spring side or the OSGi reference implementation side.

Is there a plan for this release?

Pax indicated that they will not be nailing anything down on their next version for declarative services until Gemini formally releases the reference implementation to code against.
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #639693 is a reply to message #639302] Wed, 17 November 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Costin Leau is currently offline Costin LeauFriend
Hi Pete,

We are working towards an official release for early next year. We've been mainly waiting for the latest updates on the Configuration Admin (in the upcoming Blueprint spec revision) and things got delayed a bit.
We'd like to have support for that in our next release as well rather then have two different releases one after the other.

Since some parts of the spec are still unfinished, it's hard to commit to any date.

Hope this helps,

P.S. Not sure how Pax relates to this but note that Blueprint is a different spec, separate from Declarative Services.
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #654879 is a reply to message #639693] Thu, 17 February 2011 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivana Missing name is currently offline Ivana Missing nameFriend
Could you now be more precise and tell me when can we expect relase?
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #655047 is a reply to message #654879] Fri, 18 February 2011 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We're currently undergoing the graduation stage. Depending on when and how that finishes, we can make the release. If everything goes okay we'll probably release by May.
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #655387 is a reply to message #655047] Sun, 20 February 2011 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivana Missing name is currently offline Ivana Missing nameFriend
That's good news, thank you for a quick answer. I will count on that release.
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #673710 is a reply to message #655047] Tue, 24 May 2011 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Costin Leau wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 07:27
We're currently undergoing the graduation stage. Depending on when and how that finishes, we can make the release. If everything goes okay we'll probably release by May.

If I am not mistaken Blueprint had a successful graduation review on 2 March. I am wondering why there has not been a release yet or even a mention of when there will be.

Many thanks,
Joel
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #675774 is a reply to message #673710] Wed, 01 June 2011 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mathieu Baudier is currently offline Mathieu BaudierFriend

Same question here.

Are there any news about Gemini Blueprint?
Is the project still alive?
Re: Blueprints release date? [message #675992 is a reply to message #675774] Thu, 02 June 2011 09:46 Go to previous message
Hi guys,

I plan to finally get the release out this month. A hectic travel schedule (for 1 straight month) along with other issues prevented me from packing the release.

Thanks for your patience.
Previous Topic:Gemini predeployment seems to not find Entity classes
Next Topic:Can I use Spring extensions in a blueprint configuration?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:44:29 GMT 2024