Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Faceted Project Framework » Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog
Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #638325] Wed, 10 November 2010 20:48 Go to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Received via e-mail from Scott Huff:
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

Hi Konstantin,

I was recently investigating a bug regarding the facets selection dialog, where pressing cancel does not revert the changes made on the page, I found that the method cancelPressed in class: org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.internal.FacetsSelec tionDialog has a stub to do implementation of this.
Before taking any action on this I thought it would be prudent to contact you and ask if there is a plan for this item or if it has an implementation in another code base that can be ported here...

Thanks for your time,
-Scott Huff
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #638327 is a reply to message #638325] Wed, 10 November 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is expected. The dialog is directly editing the working copy shared with the wizard. Reverting changes made in the dialog is not practical. There was an attempt a few years ago to implement this, but due to complexity, issues that could not be resolved and relatively minor benefit, the project was abandoned.

- Konstantin
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #638573 is a reply to message #638327] Thu, 11 November 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Huff is currently offline Scott HuffFriend
Thanks for the quick response,

Yes, On investigating the code I see that having cancel revert changes is indeed impractical, however it seems that having a cancel button that essentially does the same thing as the Ok button is misleading. If possible, I would suggest the cancel button be removed in this case, or disabled, then it would be obvious to the user whatever changes are made will be applied.

Thanks,
-Scott Huff
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #639262 is a reply to message #638573] Mon, 15 November 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck Bridgham is currently offline Chuck BridghamFriend
Hi Konstantin,

I'm helping Scott out here locally decide what to do in this case. and I like his suggestion. Can we look into changing the dialog code to disable the "Cancel" button" if invoked from the Project Facet wizard? Seems like an easy fix, and makes it more obvious to the user what will happen. We'll look into it and post a bugzilla if this can be done easily
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #639298 is a reply to message #639262] Mon, 15 November 2010 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure. It sounds reasonable to remove or disable the cancel button in this dialog. Please open an enhancement request.

- Konstantin
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #648885 is a reply to message #638325] Fri, 14 January 2011 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hello Konstantin. I created enhancement request https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=334438
Re: Question regarding FacetsSelectionDialog [message #649569 is a reply to message #648885] Wed, 19 January 2011 18:12 Go to previous message
Thanks for your contribution, Roberto. I have released your patch into WTP 3.3 M5 code stream and fproj branch.
Previous Topic:Library provider framework- library deprecation
Next Topic:Unique file extension?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:38 GMT 2024