Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Install of feature patch doesn't deploy plugin(Install of feature patch doesn't deploy plugin)
icon8.gif  Install of feature patch doesn't deploy plugin [message #638094] Tue, 09 November 2010 21:33
Pierre Padovani is currently offline Pierre PadovaniFriend
I'm having an issue getting a feature patch to install. Here is the situation.

We have a product based on eclipse 3.4.2 p2-ized (yes I know it's old, but we need to patch a critical feature for a customer). This is a workbench product. I've created a feature patch that includes one of the existing plugins that I've made some changes to. When I install the feature patch in an installed version of our product, it looks like it installs fine. I get the license agreement etc. I see the feature patch in the features directory, but I do not see the new version of the plugin in the plugins directory. In fact searching the entire distro tree for the plugin, and found it doesn't exist. The feature patch even mentions the plugin.

I've also tried to just copy the plugin into the plugins folder after installing the feature patch, and it doesn't look like it is being picked up.

Help!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Pierre
Previous Topic:Inherit from GCC eclipse toolchain
Next Topic:PDE Headless build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:10:24 GMT 2024