Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Hey - new to the forum and have a simple question!
Hey - new to the forum and have a simple question! [message #637060] Wed, 03 November 2010 23:51 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hey all, I am developing droid apps with eclipse (new to both) and have a basic Layout question.

When using the layout tab (rather than the coding tab) in my main.xml, I am trying to create a home screen for when my app opens.

There is going to be the logo at the top center, then 3 simple buttons below.

How do I go about formatting the Logo so it maintains a size relative to the person's screen size, and stays in the center?

I don't want to write sloppy code to where my program looks fine (UI wise) on my screen and is poorly formatted on other's screens.

Also, is there good documentation explaining all of the Property values in the layout view?

Thanks!
Re: Hey - new to the forum and have a simple question! [message #637065 is a reply to message #637060] Thu, 04 November 2010 01:00 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 19:51 -0400, htswindell@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey all, I am developing droid apps with eclipse (new to both) and have a basic Layout question.
>
> When using the layout tab (rather than the coding tab) in my main.xml, I am trying to create a home screen for when my app opens.
>
> There is going to be the logo at the top center, then 3 simple buttons below.
>
> How do I go about formatting the Logo so it maintains a size relative to the person's screen size, and stays in the center?
>
> I don't want to write sloppy code to where my program looks fine (UI wise) on my screen and is poorly formatted on other's screens.
>
> Also, is there good documentation explaining all of the Property values in the layout view?
>
> Thanks!
This forum is for questions related to using the Eclipse Java
Development Tools. It is not an Android development forum.

For Android questions, please look for a forum specifically setup for
Android Development
Previous Topic:Identifying Annotated POJOs inside a Jar File
Next Topic:looking for an OpenSource pluging to help me debug unknown code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:55:34 GMT 2024