Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback(the arrow feedback is not shown properly)
ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback [message #634908] Mon, 25 October 2010 06:07 Go to next message
amay is currently offline amayFriend
Hello,
I in the GEF example I see that while creating the connection, once you select the source there's a solid line from source node following your mouse pointer to show the connection feedback (until you select target node and release mouse button).

In my viewer, I am setting the ConnectionDragCreationTool, when I select the source node and start dragging the mouse, a solid line appears at upper left corner (in diagonal direction) in the viewer. But I don't see the line from source node to my mouse pointer.

Am I missing anything? Please help me, I am stuck with this problem.

Thank you,
Amay.
Re: ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback [message #634911 is a reply to message #634908] Mon, 25 October 2010 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

You need to implement this method and return the correct anchor
org.eclipse.gef.NodeEditPart.getSourceConnectionAnchor(Reque st).

Re: ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback [message #634919 is a reply to message #634911] Mon, 25 October 2010 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amay is currently offline amayFriend
I tried, it doesn't help Sad
Re: ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback [message #634937 is a reply to message #634919] Mon, 25 October 2010 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See if you are accidentally overriding this method org.eclipse.gef.editpolicies.GraphicalNodeEditPolicy.getSour ceConnectionAnchor(CreateConnectionRequest) and returning null in the edit policy.

Re: ConnectionDragCreationTool does not show feedback [message #634941 is a reply to message #634937] Mon, 25 October 2010 08:01 Go to previous message

Are the connections getting created properly? you said there was problem with the feedback if there is problem with the connections itself then there can be some issue with the edit policy or the connection anchor.

Previous Topic:Why "setSmoothness()" doesn't work?
Next Topic:Drag a node and drop on connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:28:44 GMT 2024