Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation
icon9.gif  [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #634368] Thu, 21 October 2010 12:50 Go to next message
Cedric Gava is currently offline Cedric GavaFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: July 2009
Member
I tried to use Acceleo mtl generator on Helios, but transformation hangs up on "Launching Delegate".

I thought it was a metamodel or mtl problem, so I used the very simple metamodel and very simple mtl below (sorry for huge context).
When I launch acceleo configuration after setting target directory, the execution process hangs at "Launching Delegate".
There's no entry in log, nor problem. I cannot stop the process, I must stop eclipse.

I Guess it is an Helios configuration problem, but I can't figure which.
Is there some test to check if an Eclipse Installation is OK to run Acceleo 3 ?

Thank you for your help

Metamodel :
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <ecore:EPackage xmi:version="2.0"
      xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore" name="cv"
      nsURI="http://mymodel" nsPrefix="cv">
    <eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="Experience" abstract="true">
      <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="text" lowerBound="1" eType="ecore:EDataType http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore#//EString"/>
    </eClassifiers>
    <eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="CV">
      <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="categories" upperBound="-1"
          eType="#//Experience" containment="true"/>
    </eClassifiers>
  </ecore:EPackage>


generate.mtl :
  [comment encoding = UTF-8 /]
  [module generate('http://mymodel')/]

  [template public generate(c : CV)]
    [comment @main /]
    [file ('output.txt', false, 'UTF-8')]
      [for (ex : Experience | c.categories)]
        [ex.text/]
      [/for]
    [/file]
  [/template]


source model :
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <cv:CV xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:cv="http://my.cv_auto/cv/1.0.1.test">
    <categories xsi:type="cv:Experience" start="" text="text" job=""/>
    <categories xsi:type="cv:Experience" text="text2"/>
  </cv:CV>


sooo lonely friends of eclipse on forum
http://www.eclipse.org/donate/images/friendslogo160.jpg
icon10.gif  Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #634625 is a reply to message #634368] Fri, 22 October 2010 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Gava is currently offline Cedric GavaFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi buddy !!!
The second time I overpost myself this week (understand, I reply my own post)...

I succeeded in running the transformation doing this :

  1. Start with Helios-Modeling-including incubation release
  2. Install Acceleo 3 from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates
  3. Import the metamodel, and run it in a new Eclipse (only the metamodel, not Edit nor Editor)
  4. In this new eclipse, run the genretation described before : It works


Conclusion : the problem comes form edit and Editor plugin (generated from metamodel automatically) and, I suppose, the dependencies installed to run these plugin. I don't know how to list exactly the intallation history.

How can I precisely list installation difference (not with GUI, because it makes it hard to copy the difference in plugin version this way). ?
Shall I open a bug ?
Is it an EMF problem or an Accelo ones ?

Anyway, as I'm the only one replying this thread, I'll post my discoveries as soon as I discover them.


sooo lonely friends of eclipse on forum
http://www.eclipse.org/donate/images/friendslogo160.jpg
Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #634950 is a reply to message #634625] Mon, 25 October 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Messages: 1639
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080403000604050909050008
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Cedric,

I have never observed "hanging" transformations ... and the use case
you've tried seems basic enough not for anything strange to happen.
There wasn't anything in your error log when you tried these (In Eclipse
: Window => Show View => Error Log)? Were you trying to generate in the
same Eclipse instance as where your metamodel is defined?

If "yes" to the latter, the problem you had might come from that, we
have various issues with generation on dynamic metamodels ("dynamic"
being metamodels located in your workspace as opposed to "plugin" with
your metamodels deployed as plugins of the instance of Eclipse you are
running the transformation from).

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Cedric Gava wrote:
> Hi buddy !!!
> The second time I overpost myself this week (understand, I reply my own
> post)...
>
> I succeeded in running the transformation doing this :
>
> Start with Helios-Modeling-including incubation release
> Install Acceleo 3 from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates
> Import the metamodel, and run it in a new Eclipse (only the metamodel,
> not Edit nor Editor)
> In this new eclipse, run the genretation described before : It works
>
> Conclusion : the problem comes form edit and Editor plugin (generated
> from metamodel automatically) and, I suppose, the dependencies installed
> to run these plugin. I don't know how to list exactly the intallation
> history.
>
> How can I precisely list installation difference (not with GUI, because
> it makes it hard to copy the difference in plugin version this way). ?
> Shall I open a bug ?
> Is it an EMF problem or an Accelo ones ?
>
> Anyway, as I'm the only one replying this thread, I'll post my
> discoveries as soon as I discover them.


--------------080403000604050909050008
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------080403000604050909050008--
icon5.gif  Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #635056 is a reply to message #634950] Mon, 25 October 2010 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Gava is currently offline Cedric GavaFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi laurent

First of all, thank you for your answer, it becomes rare on eclipse forum.

I'm very frustrated, and angry, to tell you that I cannot reproduce the bug... But I know there was no error log. I guess, by now, that the problem was related to the importation of an ecore model/edit/editor from a 3.5.1 version of eclipse. But As I cannot reproduce, I'm not sure of it. I completely recreated the model/edit/editor with Helios, and it worked fine.. !?!

I go on with my model, and will reply on this post if I face this problem again.

Best Regards


sooo lonely friends of eclipse on forum
http://www.eclipse.org/donate/images/friendslogo160.jpg
Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #635229 is a reply to message #635056] Tue, 26 October 2010 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Messages: 1639
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060601090105010107000405
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Cedric,

I'm quite surprised by your first comment as I know most teams try to
maintain a good level of support on these forums (at least for the
EMF-related forums I read).

As for the bug, please do tell us if you manage to reproduce it, but as
I mentionned we never observed it ourselves, might have been bad luck :p.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Cedric Gava wrote:
> Hi laurent
>
> First of all, thank you for your answer, it becomes rare on eclipse forum.
>
> I'm very frustrated, and angry, to tell you that I cannot reproduce the
> bug... But I know there was no error log. I guess, by now, that the
> problem was related to the importation of an ecore model/edit/editor
> from a 3.5.1 version of eclipse. But As I cannot reproduce, I'm not sure
> of it. I completely recreated the model/edit/editor with Helios, and it
> worked fine.. !?!
>
> I go on with my model, and will reply on this post if I face this
> problem again.
>
> Best Regards


--------------060601090105010107000405
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------060601090105010107000405--
Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #635430 is a reply to message #635229] Tue, 26 October 2010 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 4184
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Laurent
>
> As for the bug, please do tell us if you manage to reproduce it, but
> as I mentionned we never observed it ourselves, might have been bad
> luck :p.
>
I'm pretty sure I've seen it too, but I suspect that it's all part of
the very occasional failures of JDT to build projects/update build paths
correctly.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: [Acceleo 3 / Helios] Cannot lauch transformation [message #635510 is a reply to message #635430] Wed, 27 October 2010 07:28 Go to previous message
Cedric Gava is currently offline Cedric GavaFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello

I've observed that I had a lot of trouble when opening a workspace created with my older eclipse version. It seems to confirm what you said.


sooo lonely friends of eclipse on forum
http://www.eclipse.org/donate/images/friendslogo160.jpg
Previous Topic:Java Indexer running unnecessarily
Next Topic:Xpand: Resolving cross-references
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 18 05:55:25 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02294 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software