Requirments: 2 x devs working on repository on two different workstations
1) Created two users on server and adding them to 'gitusers' group
2) Created /var/git folder and chgrp to 'gitusers'
3) Created directory in /var/git called 'test' and made it a bare shared repository (git init --bare --shared)
4) Go to Eclipse with egit on workstation 1, create new general project called 'test', add file test.txt.
5) go to team -> share project
6) Select git then create repository in the test folder -> workspace/test
7) Right click on project -> Team -> Push
enter remote details e.g. ssh://bob@serverip:2020/var/git/test
9) 'Add all branches spec' and 'save specification in origin configuration.
10) Go to workstation 2 and go to File -> Import -> Projects from git
11) Clone - and then add the remote details above
12) Import existing projects and try to shared automatically
13) Project appears. Make a change to test.txt then Team -> Commit
14) Team -> Push and enter details.
15) Go to workstation 1, and team -> Fetch
16) Specify all branches (?) It seems that the option for destination is refs/remote/orgin? Is this right?
17) Changes are not reflected in to files in the project.
What am I doing wrong? Can you suggest an improved workflow?