Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » osgi.extender fails to inspect some bundles
osgi.extender fails to inspect some bundles [message #631721] Fri, 08 October 2010 14:25 Go to next message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Costin or Glyn or anyone who could shed some light on this:

For some reason, some of my bundles are not being inspected by osgi.extender, and thus never being added as OSGi services.

Here is my story:
Using osgi.extender from previous to gemini version (1.2.1), only because this is the only products I can find documentation on, trying to make it work first before I learn differences between this and whatever is new in Gemini.

After days of not understanding why works in some cases and not in others, finally ran it in a more of a debug mode using pax-exam, and discovered that some of the bundles are being inspected and others are not. Here is an example of a successful debug entry:

[Start Level Event Dispatcher] DEBUG org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.Lifecyc leManager - Inspecting bundle [org.btrg.kfp (org.btrg.kfp)]
[Start Level Event Dispatcher] INFO org.springframework.osgi.extender.support.DefaultOsgiApplica tionContextCreator - Discovered configurations {osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml} in bundle [org.btrg.kfp (org.btrg.kfp)]
[Start Level Event Dispatcher] DEBUG org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.Lifecyc leManager - Bundle org.btrg.kfp is type compatible with extender spring-osgi-extender; processing bundle...
[Start Level Event Dispatcher] DEBUG org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.Lifecyc leManager - Asynchronous context creation for bundle [org.btrg.kfp (org.btrg.kfp)]

the unsuccessful never have this "Inspecting..." event, even though they are shown to be provisioned as with this which is identical to the bundles which are not inspected:

[ Run] - Provision bundle [mvn:org.btrg/org.btrg.wrl, at default start level, bundle will be started, bundle will be loaded from the cache]

I have examined, compared, re-built, altered, etc the unsuccessful bundles and see no apparent differences that cause this. They are all built from the same template. Manifests are re-generated using bundlor to make sure nothing is missing, and similarly they pass all the checks that the eclipse manifest tool provide.

It would be greatly helpful if someone could point me in a direction on this, or has seen it before, or could give me another route to try.

Thanks.
Re: osgi.extender fails to inspect some bundles [message #631725 is a reply to message #631721] Fri, 08 October 2010 14:32 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Costin's the expert but since he's travelling and on vacation until early November, I suggest you check that the "missing" bundles are actually starting successfully since the blueprint extender listens for the bundle events relating to the bundle starting rather than them being simply installed. I guess you already checked that though...
Previous Topic:[JPA] generate tables from entities on HSQL
Next Topic:Comments from Gemini team on Gemini within RCP/Equinox?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:15:49 GMT 2024