Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in class
Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in class [message #631296] Wed, 06 October 2010 20:47 Go to next message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
When I try an execute any model I get the following:

Unexpected Exception for ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame
Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in class path.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Exception for ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.ProjectLoader.loadClass(ProjectLoader.java:114)
	at org.ascape.runtime.Runner.instanceFromName(Runner.java:919)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.EclipseEscapeRunner.open(EclipseEscapeRunner.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.EclipseEscapeRunner.open(EclipseEscapeRunner.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.EclipseEscapeRunner.open(EclipseEscapeRunner.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.command.ExecuteJavaHandler.executeOpen(ExecuteJavaHandler.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.command.ExecuteHandler$1.run(ExecuteHandler.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.ProjectLoader.loadClass(ProjectLoader.java:109)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.amp.escape.ide.ProjectLoader.loadClass(ProjectLoader.java:100)
	... 7 more

Things were working fine until I installed a few additional plugins (like Ascape swing) and downloaded the AMP sources. Unfortunately I can't remember the details so I'm not sure exactly at which put things stopped working. Interestingly the same project will work when I launch another Eclipse application run configuration from my development version of Eclipse.

Has this problem been seen before? Is this possible to diagnosis/debug further or am I best just to reinstall everything? Thanks!
Re: Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in c [message #631944 is a reply to message #631296] Sun, 10 October 2010 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLVED!

I discovered that when I went to the org.ascape.escape.models.brook/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF Dependencies tab and right clicked on org.eclipse.amp.escape.runtime and clicked "Find Declaration" I got 0 matches.

I then checked and found there is no org.eclipse.amp.escape.runtime in the following locations:
* in the Plug-in registry view
* in Help - About Eclipse - Installation Details - Configuration
* in the plugin folder (D:\eclipse-modeling-helios-incubation-win32\plugins)

So I copied org.eclipse.amp.escape.runtime_0.8.0.v201007010013.jar to the eclipse plugins dir (D:\eclipse-modeling-helios-incubation-win32\plugins) and it started!
Re: Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in c [message #633288 is a reply to message #631944] Sat, 16 October 2010 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Oliver Mannion wrote on Sun, 10 October 2010 18:30

So I copied org.eclipse.amp.escape.runtime_0.8.0.v201007010013.jar to the eclipse plugins dir (D:\eclipse-modeling-helios-incubation-win32\plugins) and it started!

Hmm..it should have worked without that...

Try creating a new Escape Java project and see if you see any differences between the two.

my question is why is it looking for "ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame" and not "edu.brook.model.CoordinationGame".
Re: Could not read class: ede.brook.model.CoordinationGame. Please ensure that the class exists in c [message #633432 is a reply to message #633288] Sun, 17 October 2010 20:23 Go to previous message
This is a version of CoordinationGame that I created as per the "Create an Escape Java Model" cheat sheet which specifies a package name of ede.brook.model rather than edu.brook.model.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Couldn't generate chart
Next Topic:Conflicting dependency when installing Ascape Documentation and Source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:32:13 GMT 2024