Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » How to combine Gemini Web and Gemini Blueprint?
How to combine Gemini Web and Gemini Blueprint? [message #631136] Wed, 06 October 2010 09:58 Go to next message
Gerd  Wütherich is currently offline Gerd WütherichFriend
Hi,

currently I'm migrating some 'older' Spring-DM (Spring DM 2.0.0.M1) projects to the new Gemini stack.
What I'm wondering about is how to combine a Gemini Web application with the Gemini Blueprint service!?

In the old Spring DM stack there was a class named 'org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlW ebApplicationContext' which was a OSGi-aware
implementation of the XmlWebApplicationContext. Using this context implementation, I was able to use Spring context definitions within my web application.
This class is missing in the gemini web implementation.

So, if I want to use Spring DM inside a gemini web app, what do i have do do? Is there any replacement for the OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext?

Regards,
Gerd
Re: How to combine Gemini Web and Gemini Blueprint? [message #638595 is a reply to message #631136] Thu, 11 November 2010 17:34 Go to previous message
Costin Leau is currently offline Costin LeauFriend
Hi,

The web support has been removed in favour of the Gemini Web. Simply bundling your bundle as web app should get you started - as for the AppContext, you can use the OsgiAppCtx which you can create through a filter.
There's probably some work to be done in that area so we provide something for it out of the box but we're talking just about a couple of lines of code.

Hope this helps,
Previous Topic:JMX Management Model Specification
Next Topic:Making Blueprint working with Gemini JPA and Gemini Naming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:47:22 GMT 2024