Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » What's the difference between Gemini JPA and EclipseLink OSGi Bundles?
icon5.gif  What's the difference between Gemini JPA and EclipseLink OSGi Bundles? [message #629964] Thu, 30 September 2010 07:05 Go to next message
Behrang Saeedzadeh is currently offline Behrang SaeedzadehFriend
At the moment I am trying to setup a JPA 2 + OSGi environment using EclipseLink and Felix. I was browsing and I encountered Gemini JPA which to my surprise does have no documentation at all! Very Happy Rolling Eyes

What's the difference between the OSGi version of EclipseLink for JPA 2 and Gemini JPA?
Re: What's the difference between Gemini JPA and EclipseLink OSGi Bundles? [message #630537 is a reply to message #629964] Sun, 03 October 2010 22:55 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
The OSGi distro of EclipseLink works with OSGi, but does so using its own proprietary strategy. The Gemini JPA project takes EclipseLink and adds a layer that implements the JPA chapter of the OSGi Enterprise specification.

There is currently no documentation for Gemini JPA because we have not had a release, yet. The M1 milestone has a simple sample program that you can take a look at, though, to show you how to make things work.

Hope this explains things.

-Mike
Previous Topic:Gemini source bundles
Next Topic:Gemini Web Release Candidate 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:13:01 GMT 2024