|Re: How to convert a XSD schema file into UML class model? [message #628162 is a reply to message #628161]
||Thu, 07 January 2010 11:35
| Carsten Reckord
Registered: July 2009
I don't think there is a direct way to do this. However, you can easily create an EMF model for the XSD and export that to UML. To do that:
- Open the New EMF Generator model wizard (File->New->Other...->EMF Generator Model)
- Choose a location and name for the GenModel (usually the place where you want your UML model to end up)
- On the next page choose "XML Schema" as import source
- Choose the Schema(s) to import on the next page
- The final page of the wizard shows you the EMF models that will be created and lets you edit their file names (they will be co-located
with teh Genmodel)
- finish the wizard
- you should end up with one or more *.ecore files for your schemas and an open editor showing your newly created Genmodel.
- From the editor's context menu choose "Export model...", "UML Model", a target directory and all models to convert (usually all would be a
good choice) and finish.
You should end up with UML models for your schemas and probably an ecore.uml with some Ecore infrastructure classes.
Hope that hepls,
On 07.01.2010 16:42, Ben wrote:
> Assume I have an external XSD schema file
> (or many XSD schema files which import each other).
> How can I convert them to an UML class diagram in Eclipse?
> Is there somewhere a quick tutorial for this?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.06086 seconds