Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » ECF 2.0M7 update broken?
ECF 2.0M7 update broken? [message #623503] Wed, 07 May 2008 08:39 Go to next message
Joseph Schwarz is currently offline Joseph Schwarz
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I installed Eclipse 3.4M7 and ECF 2.0.0v20080504-1400 via "Software
Updates" two days ago. Today, I saw that ECF 2.0M7 (2.0.0v20080506-2244)
was out and I tried to update to it. About 30% of the way through the
update, it failed and I saw a "FileNotFound" exception in the log (excerpt
below).

I'm not sure whether this is a p2 or an ECF problem; can someone advise me
here? Should I submit this as a bug on p2 or on ECF?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 8 2008-05-07 09:56:16.936
!MESSAGE An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 0 2008-05-07
09:56:16.936
!MESSAGE Problems downloading artifact:
osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.ecf.ui,2.0.0.v20080506-2244.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2008-05-07 09:56:16.936
!MESSAGE Exception connecting to
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ecf/2.0/3.4/updateSit e/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.ui_2.0.0.v20080506-2244.jar
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ecf/2.0/3.4/updateSit e/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.ui_2.0.0.v20080506-2244.jar
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(H ttpURLConnection.java:1239)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.UrlConnection RetrieveFileTransfer.openStreams(UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTr ansfer.java:228)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetri eveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTran sfer.java:639)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetri eveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTran sfer.java:381)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocol RetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAda pter.java:95)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ECFTrans port.transfer(ECFTransport.java:162)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ECFTrans port.performDownload(ECFTransport.java:120)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ECFTrans port.download(ECFTransport.java:100)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:409)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:452)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:132)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:109)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:441)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.D ownloadJob.run(DownloadJob.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2008-05-07 09:56:16.936
!MESSAGE Exception connecting to
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ecf/2.0/3.4/updateSit e/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.ui_2.0.0.v20080506-2244.jar
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ecf/2.0/3.4/updateSit e/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.ui_2.0.0.v20080506-2244.jar
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(H ttpURLConnection.java:1239)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.UrlConnection RetrieveFileTransfer.openStreams(UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTr ansfer.java:228)
at
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetri eveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTran sfer.java:639)
Re: ECF 2.0M7 update broken? [message #623504 is a reply to message #623503] Wed, 07 May 2008 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Kuppe is currently offline Markus Kuppe
Messages: 177
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Joseph Schwarz wrote:
> I installed Eclipse 3.4M7 and ECF 2.0.0v20080504-1400 via "Software
> Updates" two days ago. Today, I saw that ECF 2.0M7 (2.0.0v20080506-2244)
> was out and I tried to update to it. About 30% of the way through the
> update, it failed and I saw a "FileNotFound" exception in the log
> (excerpt below).
>
> I'm not sure whether this is a p2 or an ECF problem; can someone advise
> me here? Should I submit this as a bug on p2 or on ECF?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.

Just a hunch... ECF M7 has just been announced and it might very well
be, that the update site isn't completely deployed yet?

Cheers
Markus
Re: ECF 2.0M7 update broken? [message #623505 is a reply to message #623504] Wed, 07 May 2008 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Schwarz is currently offline Joseph Schwarz
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:

> Just a hunch... ECF M7 has just been announced and it might very well
> be, that the update site isn't completely deployed yet?

I took your advice and waited a couple of hours. When I tried again to
update, I got a different error this time (see below). I finally
reinstalled Eclipse M7 from scratch and installed ECF 2.0M7 from the
update site successfully. I still suspect that there's something wrong
with the update process, either on the p2 side or the ECF side.

The error in the log was:

!SESSION 2008-05-07 14:06:50.839
-----------------------------------------------eclipse.build Id=I20080502-0100
java.version=1.6.0_04
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 8 2008-05-07 14:07:21.409
!MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse 4 0 2008-05-07
14:07:21.409
!MESSAGE A feature with the specified id was not found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 8 2008-05-07 14:07:43.389
!MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse 4 0 2008-05-07
14:07:43.389
!MESSAGE A feature with the specified id was not found.
Re: ECF 2.0M7 update broken? [message #623506 is a reply to message #623505] Wed, 07 May 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott Lewis
Messages: 971
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Joseph,

This obviously looks like an uninstall problem with p2 (perhaps caused
by the failed initial install by ECF...but I'm speculating). Could you
create a bug report for p2 here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Equinox

Thanks,

Scott


Joseph Schwarz wrote:
> Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
>
>> Just a hunch... ECF M7 has just been announced and it might very well
>> be, that the update site isn't completely deployed yet?
>
> I took your advice and waited a couple of hours. When I tried again to
> update, I got a different error this time (see below). I finally
> reinstalled Eclipse M7 from scratch and installed ECF 2.0M7 from the
> update site successfully. I still suspect that there's something wrong
> with the update process, either on the p2 side or the ECF side.
>
> The error in the log was:
>
> !SESSION 2008-05-07 14:06:50.839
> -----------------------------------------------eclipse.build Id=I20080502-0100
>
> java.version=1.6.0_04
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
> Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 8 2008-05-07 14:07:21.409
> !MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse 4 0 2008-05-07
> 14:07:21.409
> !MESSAGE A feature with the specified id was not found.
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 8 2008-05-07 14:07:43.389
> !MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse 4 0 2008-05-07
> 14:07:43.389
> !MESSAGE A feature with the specified id was not found.
>
>
Re: ECF 2.0M7 update broken? [message #623508 is a reply to message #623506] Thu, 08 May 2008 07:32 Go to previous message
Joseph Schwarz is currently offline Joseph Schwarz
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the advice. I've submitted the bug report, and you can follow
progress at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=231049

Joe
Previous Topic:Question with jslp library included in ECF jslp provider
Next Topic:Issue with using ECF in RCP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 22 01:52:59 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.15974 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software