|How to install and use UML 2 Tools [message #621707]
||Tue, 22 July 2008 09:28
| Warren Tang
Registered: July 2009
I've been trying to use the UML 2 tools in Ganymede but I could not
figure it out, just as what I did in 3.3.
My platform is Windows 2003. Here are what I've done till now:
1. Download and uncompress the eclipse-jee-ganymede-win32.zip.
2. Install the 'org.eclipse.uml2tools' using the Update Manager (Help
-> Software Updates).
3. File -> New -> EMF -> EMF Project; Enter a name for the project;
Select "UML Model" as the Model Importer;
4. Then the next step really confuses me.
I know nothing of the three parts in that step:
1. What is Model URIs? I just want to draw UML 2 diagrams. Why do I
have to specify them?
2. Options? No idea.
3. Generator model name? No idea.
If I choose to create an Empty EMF Project, I could not find any menu
item to add a UML Diagram.
Could anybody help me understand these things? What I want is simple:
Let me create a new project and draw some UML diagrams. I don't really
care about other things.
Thank you very much.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01617 seconds