|Announce: weekly ECF integration builds [message #621634]
||Fri, 22 February 2008 19:54
| Scott Lewis
Registered: July 2009
In order to more easily accomodate the equinox p2 usage of ECF
filetransfer over the next few months prior to Ganymede, we are going to
start having weekly integration builds.
Integration Build Day: Monday, ~4pm pacific time.
This will start Monday, Feb 25.
The Equinox p2 and Eclipse platform teams will typically consume these
builds the following day for their weekly Tuesday integration build.
The integration build will look like our current daily builds in that we
will deploy both zips and update site to
download.eclipse.org...proabably in a new dir under the ecf area.
There will be two new elements that we don't currently do in our daily
1) Tag of source for all projects included in build
2) Creation of map file for consumption by equinox/platform team
(currently the Orbit project constructs map files for the Orbit bundles,
so that other projects may consume the Orbit-built bundles...for example:
see at top of page (map file in GET, http format)
We will likely be using/reusing the custom ant task created for Orbit
project to generate these map files. Projects that want to include ECF
bundles (like p2) will simply be able to copy the appropriate map file
entries into their own map files, and they will then be included in
What this means for ECF committers and contributors
To make this reliable, I'm going to ask that we:
1) For the next few weeks (until M6), make no changes to the following
bundles on weekend or Mondays:
This list may get longer as we approach Ganymede (e.g. discovery
bundles, other filetransfer providers like bittorrent, etc)
2) Please attempt to get in major enhancements or changes in any bundles
by Friday of the given week, so that some regression testing can take
place on Sat/Sun/Mon
3) At M6 (after EclipseCon) we will have an API freeze for the core and
4) At sometime shortly after M6 (perhaps M7) we will have an API freeze
for all ECF APIs (not just filetransfer and core).
5) At sometime shortly after M7 we will have a feature freeze for all of
ECF in prep for Ganymede release. I will detail this process further in
a ECF Ganymede ramp-down policy doc in wiki as soon as possible.
Thanksinadvance for everything,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01745 seconds