|Thoughts on JPA 2.0 metamodel generation in Dali 3.0 [message #616665]
||Tue, 21 July 2009 11:28
| Leonard Theivendra
Registered: July 2009
Hi team, I missed the planning meeting but did see the minutes and this |
item was listed. Perhaps it is too early to get more details, but would
like to know your thoughts on how this is being planned to be addressed in
1) Will there be way to hook in provider specific annotation processors,
perhaps based on the platform set in the JPA facet?
2) How should the generated metamodel classes be treated if the annotation
processor runs as part of a build (i.e. builder): as derived? If derived,
then what if the user wants to modify/add to the generated metamodel
classes during development (i.e. his changes will get overwritten). If
not derived, there might be issues with source control constantly asking
to check in/out the files.
3) Will there be issues with Java 6's auto discovery mechanism of
annotation processors that happen to be on the build path? i.e. the
annotation processor running for JPA bean classes that do not need
4) Should there be an option to explicity run a metamodel generation
operation or is this best left for adopters to add if they choose to?
5) Refactoring of jpa class elements and the re-generation of metamodel
classes and then refactoring the queries: guess this is an opportunity for
more tooling too.
Just some of the starter issues that pop into my head :), this whole
concept of generation of artifacts *during* the development cycle which
can possibly be modified by the user opens up a whole new can of worms :)
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01639 seconds