Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests
Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests [message #603924] Mon, 04 January 2010 11:28 Go to next message
Marcel Hoetter is currently offline Marcel Hoetter
Hello newsgroup.

We have a growing number of JUnit-Plug-In tests for components of our software that do not need the
UI to run. These tests could be run with the "headless" application option if we had the
org.eclipse.ui.ide plug-in in our target platform.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. Right now the tests are instead run with dedicated stipped down
Eclipse applications. I already tried to modify the Application class so it does not call the
PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench method. But apparently the JUnit tests are not executed then.
What do i have to do in the Application.start method to get the tests run without creating
a workbench?

Thanks,

Marcel
Re: Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests [message #604303 is a reply to message #603924] Wed, 20 January 2010 16:16 Go to previous message
martin is currently offline martin
Hi Marcel,

still alive and working on RCP??? :d

Headless RCP Testing is a Pain in the Ass (well, sometimes...)

By Headless testing, you mean within an Headless Build outside the IDE or within the Beast? :roll:
How does your setup look like? Are your tests defined in separate Fragments?

In my experience, you cannot modify the application-class, because your tests propably may need a running workbench, I would rather recommend using a separate target-plattform for your unit-tests.

We implemented this once and that worked like a charm!
Grüssle

Martin
Previous Topic:Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests
Next Topic:Large Text Files Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 28 00:17:38 EDT 2014