Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Update fails - headless pde with root.folder.jre
Update fails - headless pde with root.folder.jre [message #602509] Thu, 15 October 2009 02:01 Go to next message
Matthew Trees is currently offline Matthew TreesFriend
So I have this RCP application with all the p2 trimmings. I build it using a p2 headless build with p2 gathering etc. I added my jre using the root.folder.jre method. The install is fine. However, updates are failing with a java.io.IOException from BackupStore.java:258. It looks like it is trying to delete jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar after having made a backup. Please see log output below. I tried installing a very recent jre and got the same result. Any ideas for me to try before I open a bug?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2009-10-14 21:28:12.116
!MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2009-10-14 21:28:12.116
!MESSAGE session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.pha ses.Uninstall, operand=[R]com.bluefire.jre.feature_root 1.0.0.v200910142041 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.ac tions.CleanupzipAction).
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives 4 0 2009-10-14 21:28:12.116
!MESSAGE Backup of file C:\Program Files\bluefireBlaze\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar failed.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: C:\Program Files\bluefireBlaze\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.BackupSto re.backup(BackupStore.java:258)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.LazyBacku pStore.backup(LazyBackupStore.java:36)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.C leanupzipAction.cleanupzip(CleanupzipAction.java:86)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.C leanupzipAction.execute(CleanupzipAction.java:30)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisio ningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:35)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:129)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:72)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningUtil.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningUtil.java :389)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ofileModificationOperation.doExecute(ProfileModificationOper ation.java:61)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningOperation.execute(ProvisioningOperation.java:37)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.ProvisioningO perationRunner$1.run(ProvisioningOperationRunner.java:94)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Re: Update fails - headless pde with root.folder.jre [message #602514 is a reply to message #602509] Thu, 15 October 2009 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I failed to mention that the update progress bar is showing 100% when the error occurs which makes this even more frustrating. Also, I was able to capture the attached partial error messages shown in the UI.
Re: Update fails - headless pde with root.folder.jre [message #602536 is a reply to message #602514] Thu, 15 October 2009 13:56 Go to previous message
<unit id='com.bluefire.jre.feature_root' version='1.0.0.v200910142112'>
<provides size='1'>
<provided namespace='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu' name='com.bluefire.jre.feature_root' version='1.0.0.v200910142112'/>
</provides>
<artifacts size='1'>
<artifact classifier='binary' id='com.bluefire.jre.feature_root' version='1.0.0.v200910142112'/>
</artifacts>
<touchpoint id='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.native' version='1.0.0'/>
<touchpointData size='1'>
<instructions size='2'>
<instruction key='install'>
unzip(source:@artifact, target:${installFolder});
</instruction>
<instruction key='uninstall'>
cleanupzip(source:@artifact, target:${installFolder});
</instruction>
</instructions>
</touchpointData>
</unit>
Previous Topic:Update fails - headless pde with root.folder.jre
Next Topic:Galileo: Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:22:16 GMT 2024