Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Bulding product with one plug-ing having aspects
Bulding product with one plug-ing having aspects [message #599216] Fri, 10 July 2009 12:06
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gaston.tonietti.teracode.com

Hi guys,

I'm developing a RCP application, and I've split its functionality into many plug-ins, one of them has AspectJ capability.
So now, I need to build the application as an Eclipse product with self-update support. to address it I've followed instructions from "Andrew Niefer: Building p2 RCP products in Eclipse 3.5M6" and
"Equinox/p2/Adding Self-Update to an RCP Application".

Let me tell you what problem I have. I got it working, but when PDE Build compiles the plug-in with aspects it does it without AspectJ support, so the exported product is not working as it does not contain the
needed aspects.

After talking with Andrew Eisenberg from AJDT project, he helped me to setup a product build with AspectJ support using AJDT Build. I was able to export the entire product with all aspects working grate but I
lost a very important thing, AJDT build does not support p2.gathering property so I cannot generate the repository and I cannot install the product with p2 director either.

*So my question is:*
Can I build the product with PDE Build so I get a self-update application, but use AJDT build just for the plug-in which needs it so the product has aspects working as well?

I've tried to do it myself but without luck. Since I saw that PDE Build generates temporary build.xml files in each plug-in it must build, I created an Ant Build file with AspectJ support using PDE Tools
context menu entry on the MANIFEST file, thinking PDE will use it instead of generating one, but it is overridden by PDE Build with a regular build.xml without AspectJ support.
I also tried making the build file read-only but then PDE Build fails because it cannot write the file.

So please let me know how I can address it. I guess it can be done but I don't know how.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Gaston.
Previous Topic:Running of feature based RCP app inside the IDE not possible
Next Topic:External tool implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:26:02 GMT 2024