|Trace across EJB call or RMI [message #596428]
||Fri, 19 October 2007 11:24
Originally posted by: jan.bols.contractor.thomson.com|
Hi, I need to trace calls on both the client and the server in an EJB 2.1
project. I'm logging any method execution of the BD (business delegate) on
the client, any method execution of the EJB on the server and any method
execution of the DAO calling the database. This is all trivial.
However, I need to trace the calls from the BD all the way up to the DAO
so my logs show something like this when executing MyBD.doSomething()
- ref 1234 - BD: MyBD.doSomethingCallingTheEJB()
- ref 1234 - EJB: MyManagerEJB.doSomethingCallingTheDAO()
- ref 1234 - DAO: MyDAO.doSomething()
- ref 5678 - BD: MyBD.doSomethingCallingTheEJB()
- ref 5678 - EJB: MyManagerEJB.doSomethingCallingTheDAO()
- ref 5678 - DAO: MyDAO.doSomething()
Is it possible to pass a reference of the BD call to the EJB and DAO
levels using AspectJ?
I tried the wormhole pattern or percflow association but this doesn't work
as there is no connection to the BD calling the EJB because MyManagerEJB
is a SessionBean while the BD calls MyManager extending the EJBObject.
There's no connection between MyManager and MyManagerEJB.
The client and server are on different VM's.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.27644 seconds