|Reg: Organisation Process Library [message #590172]
||Thu, 21 August 2008 06:43
Registered: July 2009
I am Sarav working for Cognizant and we have been doing lot of research on
process modelling and process orchestration using EPF and our other
internal home grown tools.
We are having a existing process library, which is only a static set of
html pages. But we are proposing to build a process asset library for the
process group, to create new process and maintain existing processes. The
challenge we face is duplicate of process elements that exist across
different process in the organizations.
One solution we thought is, using EPF to create a organization process
library and publish the standard common reusable process method plug-in.
Any one building a new process can import these method plugin's and build
the new processes.
But the problems with the above solution are:
1) Every user once imports the standard plug-in from organization library
to their library, the link with organisation library is lost, and any
future changes to the organization changes will not be reflected.
2) Since EPF does not have a web based solution, maintenance of all the
plug-in in a common central place becomes difficult.
3) We also tried with SVN & CVS to maintain the process library, but it
consumes lot of effort in maintenance.
1) Does any one have come across this scenario?? Any case studies
2) Is there any standard architecture to setup process library using EPF??.
3) Any standard or whitepapers on how make process reusability effective
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.05817 seconds