|Gantt Widget 2.0 - Any Requests? [message #589889]
||Thu, 15 May 2008 22:23
| Emil Crumhorn
Registered: July 2009
I'm currently in the process of coding a version 2.0 of the Gantt chart|
widget and thought I'd "throw it out there" to hear if anyone has any
I don't really have a grasp over how many use the widget (I'm
guessing not that many). The biggest request I've gotten is the hours view
(that lets you drill down to the minute) - which will go
There is no ETA, I will put it up when it's "finished", but it's getting
towards that mark.
Here's a quick list of the bigger changes apart from loads of optimizations
and bugfixing that will go
into in 2.0.
(Side note: at the last minute I realized all my screenshots have the same
GANTT sections set on them and same colors, but this was just quick and
dirty, so I don't feel like redoing them. When sections are used the chart
does not draw further down than the bottom section, otherwise it will always
fill the client area. Here's a screenshot of the chart without sections to
give an idea: http://hexapixel.com/gantt/gantt_normal.jpg )
- Hours view (lets users view and control events down to the minute). It has
3 zoom modes.
- GanttSections which let you split up a chart into subsections that can
have different colors as well. Usage example: "You have two teams that work
on the same task, but each team also have different sub-tasks. Now you can
split the chart in two and show both teams in the same chart but they're
each in their own group".
- Advanced tooltips (same as the Ribbon tooltip) that allows for control
over all color/font aspects. Events now support individual tooltips as well.
- Fixed height on event-rows (many tend to tie a tree on the left side to
the gantt on the right, and tree row-heights may not match the gantt-event
heights which leads to a lot of pixel pushing in the settings). GanttGroups
can also be recipients of fixed row heights.
- Vertical alignment of events in fixed row heights
- Ability to not draw the headers, for anyone who wants to just draw events
on a grid that has nothing to do with time.
- Language settings via interface
- Smoother edge drawing using alpha drawing on some sections (optional and
mostly off by default as it can be slowish).
- Gradients drawing on most sections such as background colors, header
colors, section colors,e tc.
- More control over the drawing of many items, such as tick marks, pixel
- A few color themes by default, a blue one (office 2007 style), a
white/gray one (typical widget l&f) and perhaps some others if I have the
- Loads of other smaller things.
- Lots of user code snippets and better documentation.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01490 seconds