|Questions about context help [message #589090]
||Sat, 27 October 2007 09:07
| Pierre Candela
Registered: July 2009
as suggested by Chris, I'm reposting here the questions I sent the
platform-ua-dev mailing list 2 weeks ago:
1) is it possible to link a topic from an intro extension file, by using
the context id of the topic, instead of its url?
ie, provided the "Workbench User Guide> Concepts> Team programming with
CVS" topic had a context id, what would be the equivalent of:
2) the "Cheat Sheet Content File XML Format" topic mentions a contextId
attribute for the intro and item elements. However, I can't get it to work.
Here's what I tried:
- replaced the href attribute (and its value) with a contextId attribute
and a value of org.eclipse.platform.doc.user.universalWelcomePreference,
for instance, for the intro element, in the
org.eclipse.platform_3.3.1.M20070725/cheatsheets/cvs_checkou t.xml file
- launched the "Check out a CVS project" cheat sheet
- clicked on the ? icon for the Introduction
-> nothing happened: did I do something wrong?
3)the org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help.displayContext(String, int, int)
method doesn't seem to do anything: is that normal?
NB: I'm using Eclipse 3.3.1.
Thanks for your help,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02440 seconds