|Grid Contribution: Word-wrapping row and column header text and autosizing row height [message #588948]
||Thu, 06 March 2008 15:29
| Chuck Mastrandrea
Registered: July 2009
I'm finishing up some modifications to the Grid that we would like, and I
think it would benefit everyone if these changes could be rolled into your
codebase. There are several features included because they are all
* Word-wrap column header text in DefaultColumnHeaderRenderer based on the
existing wordWrap property of GridColumn
* Word-wrap row header text in DefaultRowHeaderRenderer based on a new
wordWrapRowHeader property of Grid
* A new autoHeight property in Grid that when enabled resizes a row height
if one or more cells in that row have word-wrapped text that is clipped.
That is, the row height adjusts to accomodate the tallest text on that row.
* A new autoWidth property in Grid that controls the already supported
feature of making row headers as wide as necessary to show the longest text.
This feature is then disabled if word-wrapping of row header text is
* A new method in Grid that allows you to programmatically set the width of
all row headers. Needed for row header word-wrapping feature.
It looks like these features address several other Grid bugs (214922 and
216780). Please let me know your thoughts on these features and if you'd
like me to submit a bug request along with a patch.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02140 seconds