|Connect just hangs [message #587939]
||Wed, 19 September 2007 10:17
| Richard Emerson
Registered: July 2009
I've recently installed DTP 1.5 in Eclipse 3.3. I set up a couple of JDBC
driver definitions (jConnect3 and jTDS). In the Data Source Explorer, I
define a new database connection.
When I try to connect to the database, the 'Creating JDBC Connection'
progress dialog opens, but the connection is never made and the dialog
never goes away (choosing Cancel does not work).
Pinging the database does the same. If I try to test the connection from
the Connection Properties page, Eclipse hangs and I have to kill it.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- I can ping the DB box and telnet to the port.
- A little test program to make the same connection (same URL, userid etc)
using the same JDBC driver works fine and connects instantly.
- Using a different JDBC driver doesn't seem to help.
- Running Eclipse in a 1.5 JDK instead of 1.6 doesn't help.
- I can't see anything relevant in the workspace .log file or in the
Eclipse Error Log.
- I haven't found reports of a similar problem on this newsgroup or
I'm not sure what to do next to diagnose this problem - does anyone have
Many thanks and regards,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01698 seconds