Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » [MacOSX/Cocoa] Ridget<->Widget binding not working when inside splash screen
[MacOSX/Cocoa] Ridget<->Widget binding not working when inside splash screen [message #586027] Thu, 24 June 2010 18:06
Christian Kesselheim is currently offline Christian Kesselheim
I found a strange problem with Riena resp. Eclipse/SWT on MacOSX/Cocoa/x86_64 that I can't really explain.

It all started when I came across the phenomena that the log-in-enabled splash screen as demonstrated by e.g. org.eclipse.riena.example.client would not work on my MacOSX/Cocoa machine (anymore?).

Digging deeper, I found that this was due to SWT not raising its focusLost()/focusGained() events when the user moves his cursor from one input field to another. On the other hand, simply setting the ridgets "direct writing" property to true or merely hitting the enter key while residing within the field still did the trick. Also, I wasn't able to reproduce this particular flaw outside the Eclipse splash screen so far.

So I wonder: Is this a known issue on MacOSX? Or is there perhaps something special about focus handling on Cocoa/SWT or the way that the Eclipse splash screen is rendered that I'm not getting yet?

Again, sorry for these dumb questions and thanks in advance :).

Chris
Previous Topic:Export the Server Module
Next Topic:[MacOSX/Cocoa] Ridget<->Widget binding not working when inside splash screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 30 18:21:27 GMT 2014