Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Permissions Lost
Permissions Lost [message #582933] Thu, 17 December 2009 09:23 Go to next message
Daniel Stonier is currently offline Daniel StonierFriend
I have an ssh/sftp remote connection that otherwise seems to work fine. It can launch terminals, browse the folder tree etc etc.

However, if I either drag an executable file into the remote file tree (from the local one) or I set up a "C/C++ Remote Application" which downloads the binary first it will copy the file ok, but fail to set the permission bits (defaults everything back to 644).

If I then log in and manually set the permission bits to 755, it then runs fine.

I don't know if this is also meaningful, but the error message from eclipse when it tries to run this c/c++ remote application is a file upload error (nothing explicit).

Scp/sftp'ing directly from my host to the embedded board doesn't have this problem.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Cheers.
Re: Permissions Lost [message #582941 is a reply to message #582933] Thu, 17 December 2009 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some further digging.

I tried the same when connection to a new connection set up for localhost with ssh only. Same problem - so the issue has nothing to do with the embedded board.

Seems like rse's sftp is setting a umask that is different to what is used when sftp'ing from the command line.
Re: Permissions Lost [message #582950 is a reply to message #582933] Fri, 18 December 2009 01:22 Go to previous message
Ok, barked totally up the wrong tree on this one....

Turned out it was just an incomplete path under the "Remote Absolute File Path for C/C++ Application" box. I supplied the directoriy, not the full pathname to the copied binary.

i.e. /home/yujin needed to be /home/yujin/hello.

Just in case anyone else has this issue.
Previous Topic:Getting remote connection
Next Topic:"C/C++ Remote Application" list of binaries is always empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:08:13 GMT 2024