Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » OCL console evaluate on M1
OCL console evaluate on M1 [message #58795] Thu, 19 June 2008 10:36 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: david.uni-koblenz.de

Hi all,

I am extending OCL with my own metamodel, aiming at using the OCL console
with it. Now I discovered, that the OCL interpreter example does not
support evaluation at modeling level M1 (only parsing), which I need badly
for my project.
Is there a specific reason for this?
I tried to just replace the Code at the case distinction of the modeling
level in OCLConsolePage.evaluate() at case: M1 with the one from case: M2.
Unfortunatly this always returns false.
Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers David
Re: OCL console evaluate on M1 [message #58820 is a reply to message #58795] Thu, 19 June 2008 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.zeligsoft.com

--=-X6I/H85pJ48ulQvX4m6s
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, David,

There is no specific reason; the interpreter is just an example.

There is room for some contributions, here, if you are interested in
working on them:

- the Ecore editor can create "dynamic instances" of an EClass.
It would be nice to evaluate by evaluating M1 expressions
on them
- the OCL interpreter already supports evaluation of M1 expressions
on UML InstanceSpecifications. Would be nice to support that in
the OCL console example
- for instance models of Ecore or UML metamodels, the console
should be able to evaluate M1 expressions

To get past the problem you are having, start by enabling the evaluation
tracing option in the org.eclipse.ocl/ options in your launch
configuration. This will trace, on System.out, the evaluation of every
OCL expression, sub-exp by sub-exp. This should give some indication of
where the expression is turning south.

HTH,

Christian

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 10:36 +0000, David Saile wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am extending OCL with my own metamodel, aiming at using the OCL console
> with it. Now I discovered, that the OCL interpreter example does not
> support evaluation at modeling level M1 (only parsing), which I need badly
> for my project.
> Is there a specific reason for this?
> I tried to just replace the Code at the case distinction of the modeling
> level in OCLConsolePage.evaluate() at case: M1 with the one from case: M2.
> Unfortunatly this always returns false.
> Help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers David
>

--=-X6I/H85pJ48ulQvX4m6s
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.16.0">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi, David,<BR>
<BR>
There is no specific reason; the interpreter is just an example.<BR>
<BR>
There is room for some contributions, here, if you are interested in working on them:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp; - the Ecore editor can create &quot;dynamic instances&quot; of an EClass.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be nice to evaluate by evaluating M1 expressions<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; on them<BR>
&nbsp; - the OCL interpreter already supports evaluation of M1 expressions<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; on UML InstanceSpecifications.&nbsp; Would be nice to support that in<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the OCL console example<BR>
&nbsp; - for instance models of Ecore or UML metamodels, the console<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; should be able to evaluate M1 expressions<BR>
<BR>
To get past the problem you are having, start by enabling the evaluation tracing option in the org.eclipse.ocl/ options in your launch configuration.&nbsp; This will trace, on System.out, the evaluation of every OCL expression, sub-exp by sub-exp.&nbsp; This should give some indication of where the expression is turning south.<BR>
<BR>
HTH,<BR>
<BR>
Christian<BR>
<BR>
On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 10:36 +0000, David Saile wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Hi all,</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">I am extending OCL with my own metamodel, aiming at using the OCL console </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">with it. Now I discovered, that the OCL interpreter example does not </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">support evaluation at modeling level M1 (only parsing), which I need badly </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">for my project. </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Is there a specific reason for this?</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">I tried to just replace the Code at the case distinction of the modeling </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">level in OCLConsolePage.evaluate() at case: M1 with the one from case: M2. </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Unfortunatly this always returns false.</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Help would be greatly appreciated!</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Cheers David</FONT>

</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-X6I/H85pJ48ulQvX4m6s--
Re: OCL console evaluate on M1 [message #58896 is a reply to message #58820] Fri, 20 June 2008 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: david.uni-koblenz.de

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

> There is room for some contributions, here, if you are interested in
> working on them:

I'm working on this for a student research project. Unfortunatly I can't
put any extra work in it at the moment, since I have a very tight
schedule. Of course I will contribute everything usefull I implement on my
way.

> To get past the problem you are having, start by enabling the evaluation
> tracing option in the org.eclipse.ocl/ options in your launch
> configuration. This will trace, on System.out, the evaluation of every
> OCL expression, sub-exp by sub-exp. This should give some indication of
> where the expression is turning south.

Do I misinterpret your proposition, by assuming this means using the
org.eclipse.ocl.options.* classes? Unfortunatly I couldn't find an
evaluation tracing option there.

Cheers David
Re: OCL console evaluate on M1 [message #58924 is a reply to message #58896] Fri, 20 June 2008 13:13 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.zeligsoft.com

--=-PsHGwy/puQ+fHRf7ZI+V
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, David,

Sorry, I was referring to the options in the Tracing tab of your Launch
Configuration.

I look forward to your contribution, should you get the opportunity!

cW

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 13:09 +0000, David Saile wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
>
> > There is room for some contributions, here, if you are interested in
> > working on them:
>
> I'm working on this for a student research project. Unfortunatly I can't
> put any extra work in it at the moment, since I have a very tight
> schedule. Of course I will contribute everything usefull I implement on my
> way.
>
> > To get past the problem you are having, start by enabling the evaluation
> > tracing option in the org.eclipse.ocl/ options in your launch
> > configuration. This will trace, on System.out, the evaluation of every
> > OCL expression, sub-exp by sub-exp. This should give some indication of
> > where the expression is turning south.
>
> Do I misinterpret your proposition, by assuming this means using the
> org.eclipse.ocl.options.* classes? Unfortunatly I couldn't find an
> evaluation tracing option there.
>
> Cheers David
>

--=-PsHGwy/puQ+fHRf7ZI+V
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.16.0">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi, David,<BR>
<BR>
Sorry, I was referring to the options in the Tracing tab of your Launch Configuration.<BR>
<BR>
I look forward to your contribution, should you get the opportunity!<BR>
<BR>
cW<BR>
<BR>
On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 13:09 +0000, David Saile wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">Hi Christian,</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Thanks a lot for your quick answer.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; There is room for some contributions, here, if you are interested in</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; working on them:</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">I'm working on this for a student research project. Unfortunatly I can't </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">put any extra work in it at the moment, since I have a very tight </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">schedule. Of course I will contribute everything usefull I implement on my </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">way.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; To get past the problem you are having, start by enabling the evaluation</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; tracing option in the org.eclipse.ocl/ options in your launch</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; configuration. This will trace, on System.out, the evaluation of every</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; OCL expression, sub-exp by sub-exp. This should give some indication of</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">&gt; where the expression is turning south.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Do I misinterpret your proposition, by assuming this means using the </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">org.eclipse.ocl.options.* classes? Unfortunatly I couldn't find an </FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">evaluation tracing option there.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#000000">Cheers David</FONT>

</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-PsHGwy/puQ+fHRf7ZI+V--
Previous Topic:ASTNode - transient positions
Next Topic:EMF Codegen with OCL - Problems with build M7 and newer
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 12:25:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03058 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software