|Axioma is seeking an Eclipse RCP developer [message #578977]
||Fri, 08 January 2010 02:56
| No real name
Registered: January 2010
Java Desktop GUI developer|
Axioma (www.axiomainc.com) is looking for an experienced Java Desktop GUI developer to join our product development team as a full-time employee in our Atlanta office.
The ideal candidate will be a java programmer who is passionate about user interface development and experienced developing complex interactive analysis and data visualization platforms using Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP).
We use Scrum and other agile practices, and expect developers to participate in improving our processes and practices. It is essential that you can work collaboratively in our team environment.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to
Accepting personal applications only. No agencies or third parties, please. Candidates must be authorized to work in the Unites States, no sponsorship is available for this position.
* Designs, develops, and implements Java code for all products to support business requirements. This includes the design of classes, class hierarchies, product configuration, configuration of tools used to deliver the product, and configuration of tools used to support the product.
* Assists in the estimation of product development efforts.
* Assists in design sessions with clients and product management on prospective new product features.
* Follows Axioma development processes, coding standards, and methodologies.
* Creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to estimate development time and accomplish goals.
* Keep management informed of development progress status regularly.
* Performs a variety of tasks, and adapts to working on code which is unfamiliar.
* Creative ideas are suggested to solve problems.
* Professional communication skills are utilized, and made a primary focus.
* Reports to a development manager.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 5+ years of hands-on, real-world Java design and development experience.
* Strong (3+ years) experience with Eclipse RCP development.
* Strong experience with data visualization techniques.
* Strong experience with design and implementation of user workflows.
* Ability to work comfortably in team oriented culture
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
* Database experience (SQL, data modeling concepts).
* Strong communication skills.
* Local candidates (ie; not paying for relocation at this time).
* Actively pursue improvement of your own professional skills.
Additional preferred skills:
* Eclipse IDE.
* Experience with Java Swing or other GUI development tools.
* Experience using Subversion source control.
* Maven software project management.
* Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus.
* Exposure to SCRUM or other agile development processes.
* Experience with automated testing tools.
* Experience leveraging open-source tools and technologies.
* Experience with multiple development languages and platforms.
Axioma, Inc. is a private company that develops, markets and implements innovative risk analysis, portfolio rebalancing and performance attribution solutions for the financial services industry. Axioma, founded in 1998, is an equal opportunity employer. The company is headquartered in New York with offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01609 seconds