Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Problem sharing existing non-Eclipse repos
Problem sharing existing non-Eclipse repos [message #576830] Sat, 09 January 2010 04:09
Satyagraha 1956 is currently offline Satyagraha 1956Friend
My problem scenario is as follows:
1) There is an existing remote GIT repos which is NOT YET an Eclipse project (due to no .project etc files)
2) I can successfully transfer it to my computer using EGIT via Import GIT repository. (I unset the check box which enables importing of the project as it does not exist yet as such)
3) I then do New -> General -> Project and navigate to the new cloned local repos, which then appears correctly as an Eclipse project in the Navigator view. It has no Team-related decorations.
4) Then I try to connect this project to the remote repos via Team -> Share -> Git, then the dialog offers me no way to perform the connection.

I believe the last problem is likely to be: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=291303 which is now fixed but not in a build AFAICS.

Note that in step 2 I can't leave the import checkbox set as otherwise it finds no projects and all progress buttons are disabled and there is no option but to cancel.

So, my questions:
1) Am I doing something wrong in the above steps?
2) If not, is there any manual hack I can apply to the successfully cloned repos prior between steps 3 and 4 to make it connectable via EGIT?
3) Any ideas on when the above bug fix will be offered via a release from the update site?

My config:
Windows XP
Eclipse Galileo 3.5.1
Eclipse Git Feature (Incubation) 0.6.0.200912061443
Eclipse JGit Feature (Incubation) 0.6.0.200912061441

P.S. In the CVS team provider, there is a wizard which combines the successive operations of checkout and project creation: something like this would be ideal for GIT too as this is exactly what I am trying to do.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Problem sharing existing non-Eclipse repos
Next Topic:getting the branch of a commit commit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:24:34 GMT 2024