|recent development updates [message #574515]
||Mon, 06 October 2008 22:10
| Kit Lo
Registered: July 2009
For those who do not follow all the activities in the Bugzilla bugs, I
want to summarize a few fixes and enhancements we have recently.
Babel Pseudo Translations Language Packs
We've implemented a new "Babel Pseudo Translation Language Packs" (see bug
217339). The Babel Pseudo Translations Language Packs can
- identify hard-coded strings; a string is hard-coded if it does not have
the special prefix
- the added length to the strings can help identify layout problems; for
example, after adding "eclipse123456:" to "OK", a button label is truncated
- identify the component the string is coming from; is the string from
Eclipse Platform or from my component?
- locate the file containing the string; there are probably a dozen copies
of the strings "File" or "OK". If you want to locate a particular one to
fix the translation, you just have to look up the prefix number from an
Screen capture: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=113122
New Babel Update Site
- We reorganized the Babel Update Site to list language packs by language.
- In each language category, language packs for each project are listed.
- There is also a percentage of translation completeness in the
- User may pick and choose the language packs to install.
Screen capture: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=114274
Babel Language Pack Links Page
- During the generation of language packs for the update site, we are
creating the downloadable language packs at the same time.
Screen capture: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=114275
These few fixes and enhancements have been released to CVS, but not
deployed to the staging/live servers yet. We will apply the fixes to the
staging server very soon. Please give us feedbacks.
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.08602 seconds