Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Service Oriented Architecture Tools Platform (STP) » RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today
RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today [message #571393] Fri, 13 January 2006 14:23
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: CTRIELOFF.iona.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6184C.E73EF7C4
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=20
Tim,
=20
Who would be the best person to talk to about the WTP build systems you =
use. We are wanted to work this
our for STP by next week Wednesday.
=20
Regards
Carl.
=20
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Berg [mailto:danberg@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 12:19 AM
To: Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup
Cc: Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup; =
stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org
Subject: RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today



The PDE (plugin development environment) build process is designed to =
build eclipse plugins based on the natural manifest definitions. You =
use the build.properties files to indicate the content of binary and =
source builds. It would probably be best to contact someone from the =
WTP project to setup the build process. They have a nice setup which =
not only builds the plugins but it also scans for a number of violations =
and runs a series of defined bvt test cases.=20

Regards,
Dan





"Sakala, Adinarayana" <ASAKALA@iona.com>=20
Sent by: stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org=20


01/12/2006 07:00 PM=20


Please respond to
"Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup"



To
"Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup" =
<stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org>=20

cc

Subject
RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today

=09




Dan, I am new to eclipse process. If Eclipse has a standard build system =
that every project is mandatory to use then it totally makes sense to =
use the same system for STP as well. But if individual projects can =
adopt different ones then worth looking into Maven.=20
=20
- Adi=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Berg [mailto:danberg@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:17 PM
To: Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup
Subject: RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today


I am against using maven for the build system. Maven is a wise choice =
for these runtime projects. For eclipse projects there is no reason we =
should not be using the eclipsed based builds which read the manifest =
information. I don't know of any eclipse project that isn't using the =
eclipse build process.=20

Regards,
Dan




"Sakala, Adinarayana" <ASAKALA@iona.com>=20
Sent by: stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org=20


01/11/2006 03:08 PM=20



Please respond to
"Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup"




To
"Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup" =
<stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org>=20

cc

Subject
RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today


=09





> 1. get a concrete proposal for our build system before the=20
> IRC next weeks IRC
I would like to strongly recommend using Maven 2 for build system.
Both Tuscany and Celtix projects are using maven and i assume it will be =
a good logical thing to use.

thanks,
Adi=20

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Trieloff, Carl=20
> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:50 PM
> To: Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup
> Subject: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Two actions from IRC today.
>=20
> 1. get a concrete proposal for our build system before the=20
> IRC next weeks IRC
> 2. Get the basic pages up for STP project on eclipse.org
>=20
> Regards
> Carl.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> [12:03] cctrieloff: It does not seem that everyone got the=20
> details for the IRC today.
> [12:04] cctrieloff: We will wait a few minutes and then get started
> [12:05] cctrieloff: did you get it from the list?
> [12:05] rmarins: I'm fine. yes, I got from the newsgroup
> [12:05] cctrieloff: great, I have 4 guys on the phone, that=20
> could get onto IRC, so I will act as the bridge
> [12:06] rmarins: it'll hard for you, but let's see how works
> [12:07] cctrieloff: have you got your committer setup back=20
> from the eclipse EMO for STP yet?
> [12:08] rmarins: yep, i sent agreements by fax yesterday=20
> morning, and filled up the questionary by today
> [12:09] rmarins: i mean, on my side it's almost done. I'm=20
> waiting for my account
> [12:09] cctrieloff: Seems to be the common state that we are=20
> all still waiting for accounts.
> [12:10] cctrieloff: I have been testing the dev lists and=20
> they have not yet come live, however I expect that CVS might be up
> [12:12] cctrieloff: For the build system we have 3 options
> [12:13] cctrieloff: we have the option form ObjectWeb, from=20
> Adrian and then a maven setup for build
> [12:14] cctrieloff: what we want to do is have all options=20
> for the build system discussed by the end of next week, and=20
> the we will set a team up to get a hello world building,=20
> build the tests, run the test and the coverage
> [12:15] cctrieloff: that sound reasonable?
> [12:15] DavidBosschaert: Sounds great!
> [12:16] cctrieloff: As an action we ask for all those that=20
> want to be involved in buildset to self identify and pitch in=20
> over the next week in working that out
> [12:16] rmarins: looks good, however I miss the point=20
> regarding the ObjectWeb option and from Adrian
> [12:17] cctrieloff: Someone form ObjectWeb has said that they=20
> would like to be involved and had some ideas around this area
> [12:17] cctrieloff: The goal will be to have a proposal to=20
> implement for the IRC next week
> [12:18] cctrieloff: Talking about the creation of the Website
> [12:19] cctrieloff: What I was thinking was to copy the basic=20
> structure from WTP for home, about , committer page and CVS=20
> questions etc
> [12:20] cctrieloff: I will then place our charter
> [12:21] cctrieloff: and then we will build the STP specific=20
> content form there, all ok with that?
> [12:21] DavidBosschaert: Sounds like a good starting point.
> [12:22] rmarins: yep. just remember: including subprojects sections
> [12:23] cctrieloff: are you saying we should include the=20
> subprojects in the initial setup of the page?
> [12:25] rmarins: yes, subprojects description. thus, we setup=20
> each subproject specific pages=20
> [12:25] cctrieloff: I think that we might want get the=20
> project text reviewed by a larger group.
> [12:25] cctrieloff: ok just the subprojects and a basic=20
> description, then add the pages behind that with group review?
> [12:25] rmarins: yes, that's right!
> [12:27] cctrieloff: we have closed the audio. We will action=20
> these two items for next week while we wait out lists and CVS=20
> from the EMO
> [12:28] rmarins: good. until there, discussions go under the=20
> current newsgroups, right?
> [12:29] cctrieloff: correct
> [12:29] cctrieloff: I will post this to the news list
> [12:29] rmarins: great
> _______________________________________________
> stp-newsgroup mailing list
> stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/stp-newsgroup
>=20
_______________________________________________
stp-newsgroup mailing list
stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/stp-newsgroup
_______________________________________________
stp-newsgroup mailing list
stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/stp-newsgroup




------_=_NextPart_001_01C6184C.E73EF7C4
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">


<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Tim,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Who=20
would be the best person to talk to about the WTP build systems you use. =
We are=20
wanted to work this</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>our=20
for STP by next week Wednesday.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Regards</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D750562114-13012006><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Carl.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Daniel Berg=20
[mailto:danberg@us.ibm.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, January 13, 2006 =
12:19=20
AM<BR><B>To:</B> Gateway between eclipse.stp and =
stp-newsgroup<BR><B>Cc:</B>=20
Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup;=20
stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: =
[stp-newsgroup] from=20
IRD today<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>The =
PDE (plugin=20
development environment) build process is designed to build eclipse =
plugins=20
based on the natural manifest definitions. &nbsp;You use the =
build.properties=20
files to indicate the content of binary and source builds. &nbsp;It =
would=20
probably be best to contact someone from the WTP project to setup the =
build=20
process. &nbsp;They have a nice setup which not only builds the =
plugins but it=20
also scans for a number of violations and runs a series of defined bvt =
test=20
cases.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif=20
size=3D2>Regards,<BR>Dan<BR><BR></FONT><BR><BR><BR>
<TABLE width=3D"100%">
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD width=3D"40%"><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1><B>"Sakala, =
Adinarayana"=20
&lt;ASAKALA@iona.com&gt;</B> </FONT><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif=20
size=3D1>Sent by: stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org</FONT>=20
<P><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1>01/12/2006 07:00 PM</FONT>=20
<TABLE border=3D1>
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD bgColor=3Dwhite>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>Please respond=20
to<BR>"Gateway between eclipse.stp and=20
stp-newsgroup"</FONT></DIV></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></P >
<TD width=3D"59%">
<TABLE width=3D"100%">
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>To</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1>"Gateway =
between=20
eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup"=20
&lt;stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org&gt;</FONT>=20
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>cc</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>Subject</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1>RE: =
[stp-newsgroup]=20
from IRD today</FONT></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>
<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD>
=
<TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR ><BR><BR><FONT =
color=3Dblue=20
size=3D2>Dan, I am new to eclipse process. If Eclipse has a standard =
build=20
system that every project is mandatory to use then it totally makes =
sense to=20
use the same system for STP as well. But if individual projects can =
adopt=20
different ones then worth looking into Maven.</FONT> <BR><FONT=20
size=3D3>&nbsp;</FONT> <BR><FONT color=3Dblue size=3D2>- Adi</FONT> =
<BR><FONT=20
size=3D3>&nbsp;</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>-----Original=20
Message-----<B><BR>From:</B> Daniel Berg=20
[mailto:danberg@us.ibm.com]<B><BR>Sent:</B> Thursday, January 12, 2006 =
4:17=20
PM<B><BR>To:</B> Gateway between eclipse.stp and=20
stp-newsgroup<B><BR>Subject:</B> RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD=20
today<BR></FONT><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2><BR>I am against =
using maven=20
for the build system. &nbsp;Maven is a wise choice for these runtime =
projects.=20
&nbsp;For eclipse projects there is no reason we should not be using =
the=20
eclipsed based builds which read the manifest information. &nbsp;I =
don't know=20
of any eclipse project that isn't using the eclipse build =
process.</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D3> <BR></FONT><FONT face=3Dsans-serif=20
size=3D2><BR>Regards,<BR>Dan<BR></FONT><FONT =
size=3D3><BR><BR><BR></FONT>
<TABLE width=3D"100%">
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD width=3D"38%"><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1><B>"Sakala, =
Adinarayana"=20
&lt;ASAKALA@iona.com&gt;</B> <BR>Sent by:=20
stp-newsgroup-bounces@eclipse.org</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1>01/11/2006 03:08 =
PM</FONT><FONT size=3D3>=20
</FONT><BR>
<TABLE width=3D"100%" border=3D4>
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD width=3D"100%" bgColor=3Dwhite>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>Please respond=20
to<BR>"Gateway between eclipse.stp and=20
stp-newsgroup"</FONT></DIV></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<P></P>
<TD width=3D"61%"><BR>
<TABLE width=3D"100%">
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width=3D"13%">
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>To</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop width=3D"86%"><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>"Gateway=20
between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup"=20
&lt;stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org&gt;</FONT><FONT size=3D3> =
</FONT>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>cc</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3Dsans-serif =
size=3D1>Subject</FONT></DIV>
<TD vAlign=3Dtop><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D1>RE: =
[stp-newsgroup]=20
from IRD today</FONT></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR><BR>
<TABLE width=3D"100%">
<TBODY>
<TR vAlign=3Dtop>
<TD width=3D"49%">
<TD =
width=3D"50%"></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></TR></TBODY></TABLE ><BR><FONT=20
size=3D3><BR><BR></FONT><FONT size=3D2><TT><BR>&gt; 1. get a concrete =
proposal for=20
our build system before the <BR>&gt; IRC next weeks IRC<BR>I would =
like to=20
strongly recommend using Maven 2 for build system.<BR>Both Tuscany and =
Celtix=20
projects are using maven and i assume it will be a good logical thing =
to=20
use.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR>Adi <BR><BR>&gt; -----Original =
Message-----<BR>&gt;=20
From: Trieloff, Carl <BR>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:50=20
PM<BR>&gt; To: Gateway between eclipse.stp and stp-newsgroup<BR>&gt; =
Subject:=20
[stp-newsgroup] from IRD today<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; Two=20
actions from IRC today.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 1. get a concrete proposal =
for our=20
build system before the <BR>&gt; IRC next weeks IRC<BR>&gt; 2. Get the =
basic=20
pages up for STP project on eclipse.org<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Regards<BR>&gt;=20
Carl.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; [12:03] cctrieloff: =
It does=20
not seem that everyone got the <BR>&gt; details for the IRC =
today.<BR>&gt;=20
[12:04] cctrieloff: We will wait a few minutes and then get =
started<BR>&gt;=20
[12:05] cctrieloff: did you get it from the list?<BR>&gt; [12:05] =
rmarins: I'm=20
fine. yes, I got from the newsgroup<BR>&gt; [12:05] cctrieloff: great, =
I have=20
4 guys on the phone, that <BR>&gt; could get onto IRC, so I will act =
as the=20
bridge<BR>&gt; [12:06] rmarins: it'll hard for you, but let's see how=20
works<BR>&gt; [12:07] cctrieloff: have you got your committer setup =
back=20
<BR>&gt; from the eclipse EMO for STP yet?<BR>&gt; [12:08] rmarins: =
yep, i=20
sent agreements by fax yesterday <BR>&gt; morning, and filled up the=20
questionary by today<BR>&gt; [12:09] rmarins: i mean, on my side it's =
almost=20
done. I'm <BR>&gt; waiting for my account<BR>&gt; [12:09] cctrieloff: =
Seems to=20
be the common state that we are <BR>&gt; all still waiting for=20
accounts.<BR>&gt; [12:10] cctrieloff: I have been testing the dev =
lists and=20
<BR>&gt; they have not yet come live, however I expect that CVS might =
be=20
up<BR>&gt; [12:12] cctrieloff: For the build system we have 3 =
options<BR>&gt;=20
[12:13] cctrieloff: we have the option form ObjectWeb, from <BR>&gt; =
Adrian=20
and then a maven setup for build<BR>&gt; [12:14] cctrieloff: what we =
want to=20
do is have all options <BR>&gt; for the build system discussed by the =
end of=20
next week, and <BR>&gt; the we will set a team up to get a hello world =

building, <BR>&gt; build the tests, run the test and the =
coverage<BR>&gt;=20
[12:15] cctrieloff: that sound reasonable?<BR>&gt; [12:15] =
DavidBosschaert:=20
Sounds great!<BR>&gt; [12:16] cctrieloff: As an action we ask for all =
those=20
that <BR>&gt; want to be involved in buildset to self identify and =
pitch in=20
<BR>&gt; over the next week in working that out<BR>&gt; [12:16] =
rmarins: looks=20
good, however I miss the point <BR>&gt; regarding the ObjectWeb option =
and=20
from Adrian<BR>&gt; [12:17] cctrieloff: Someone form ObjectWeb has =
said that=20
they <BR>&gt; would like to be involved and had some ideas around this =

area<BR>&gt; [12:17] cctrieloff: The goal will be to have a proposal =
to=20
<BR>&gt; implement for the IRC next week<BR>&gt; [12:18] cctrieloff: =
Talking=20
about the creation of the Website<BR>&gt; [12:19] cctrieloff: What I =
was=20
thinking was to copy the basic <BR>&gt; structure from WTP for home, =
about ,=20
committer page and CVS <BR>&gt; questions etc<BR>&gt; [12:20] =
cctrieloff: I=20
will then place our charter<BR>&gt; [12:21] cctrieloff: and then we =
will build=20
the STP specific <BR>&gt; content form there, all ok with =
that?<BR>&gt;=20
[12:21] DavidBosschaert: Sounds like a good starting point.<BR>&gt; =
[12:22]=20
rmarins: yep. just remember: including subprojects sections<BR>&gt; =
[12:23]=20
cctrieloff: are you saying we should include the <BR>&gt; subprojects =
in the=20
initial setup of the page?<BR>&gt; [12:25] rmarins: yes, subprojects=20
description. thus, we setup <BR>&gt; each subproject specific pages =
<BR>&gt;=20
[12:25] cctrieloff: I think that we might want get the <BR>&gt; =
project text=20
reviewed by a larger group.<BR>&gt; [12:25] cctrieloff: ok just the=20
subprojects and a basic <BR>&gt; description, then add the pages =
behind that=20
with group review?<BR>&gt; [12:25] rmarins: yes, that's right!<BR>&gt; =
[12:27]=20
cctrieloff: we have closed the audio. We will action <BR>&gt; these =
two items=20
for next week while we wait out lists and CVS <BR>&gt; from the =
EMO<BR>&gt;=20
[12:28] rmarins: good. until there, discussions go under the <BR>&gt; =
current=20
newsgroups, right?<BR>&gt; [12:29] cctrieloff: correct<BR>&gt; [12:29] =

cctrieloff: I will post this to the news list<BR>&gt; [12:29] rmarins: =

great<BR>&gt; _______________________________________________<BR>&gt;=20
stp-newsgroup mailing list<BR>&gt; stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org<BR>&gt;=20
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/stp-newsgroup<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>stp-newsgroup =
mailing=20
=
list<BR>stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org<BR>https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/list=
info/stp-newsgroup</TT></FONT><FONT=20
size=3D3><BR></FONT><FONT=20
=
size=3D2><TT>_______________________________________________ <BR>stp-newsg=
roup=20
mailing=20
=
list<BR>stp-newsgroup@eclipse.org<BR>https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/list=
info/stp-newsgroup<BR></TT></FONT><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY ></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6184C.E73EF7C4--
Previous Topic:RE: [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today
Next Topic:Round 1 - Build System Proposal
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 29 10:13:25 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software