|Device Debug Meeting: Toronto 7/19-7/20 [message #566873]
||Wed, 13 July 2005 06:45
| Doug Gaff
Registered: July 2009
Sorry for the late email on this. I believe Pete Nichols or I have been
in contact with most of you over email already, so hopefully everyone
who has expressed interest in this meeting is already attending.
Many thanks to Pete and IBM for hosting the meeting. Below is
information about the event as well as a list of attendees. This
meeting is open to the public, of course, so please let us know if you'd
like to attend but are not already on the list.
Also below is an initial agenda that Alan Boxall put together with some
slight modifications by me.
Summarize current status of DSDP proposal
Agree on the goals for this meeting
Debug core (org.eclipse.debug)
- Flexible hierarchy (Current debug core enforces a fixed hierarchy)
- Propose solution to allow for flexible parent/child relationships
(presenter: Alan Boxall)
- Solution 1: Use extension point to register hierarchy. Debug core
would read and use this hierarchy.
- Solution 2: Use getAdapter code to "discover" hierarchy
- This would influence the content of views... e.g. Debug and Register
- Multiple language support
- Allow different "Targets" to exist under a single target
- View update policies (presenter: Samantha Chan)
- Propose that models drive view updates instead of current method of
views reacting to a debug event
e.g in R31 after a step over the model is asked 27 times "Can you step
over?" in attempt to get the correct enable/disable state of actions and
- Customize existing view content for views supplied by debug core
Possible presenter: Wind River
- New common views
- debug console, does someone have one that can be contributed?
- Specialized memory views/logical structures
- Does the 3.1 memory support satisfy all requirements?
- What about logical structures? Are they at the correct level of
- Editor integration
- Should core debug help integrate "default" editor with debug
- Breakpoint view
- Do the current "Global" breakpoints satisfy the requirements of
- Responses to view use-cases by Darin (via phone)
- Handle slower connections, handle serialized connections
- Current threaded debug core is very difficult to connect to a debug
engine that can only process commands serially
- Possible solution: have mode that forces serialized calls to debug
Scalability of Debug view (Presenter: Wind River)
- How to control the context for content of views
- How can we help a user work with many processes?
- Visual queues (Use of colours was suggested)
Discuss plans for next meeting
Attendees and Logistics
Susan Macchia (phone)
Sumit Sarkar (phone)
Meeting Details: Tuesday July 19th (noon) to Wednesday July 20th (4 pm)
Location: IBM Toronto Software Development Lab
8200 Warden Ave. East
Meeting Room: Willow Education Room
Conference number: TBD
The room will be available all day Tuesday and Wednesday for those who
are arriving early.
Area hotels: (the hilton is about a 2 minute walk)
Hilton Suites Hotel & Conference Centre Toronto/Markham*
8500 Warden Avenue
Phone: 905 470-8500
Distance to 8200 Warden: 0.5 km
*Formerly known as Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Centre
Radisson Hotel Toronto-Markham
50 East Valhalla Drive
Phone: 905 477-2010
Distance to 8200 Warden: 3 km
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Markham
7095 Woodbine Ave.
Phone: 905 474-0444
Distance to 8200 Warden: 5 km
The lab is just off Warden Ave between Highway 407 and Highway 7 in
To 8200 using the 407 Express Toll Route*:
When exiting the airport follow the signs for Highway 427 North. Drive
north on Highway 427 and exit on to Highway 407 ETR East. Follow Highway
407 ETR east for 28 km to the Warden Ave exit. Turn left (north) at the
Warden Ave exit stop light. Go north on Warden Ave and prepare to exit
right on to the IBM overpass which will take you into the Lab.
*Please advise the auto rental agency before taking the 407 ETR . The
toll (approx. $6.00 CDN one way + possible auto rental agency
administration fees) will be billed to your credit card.
To 8200 using Highway 401:
When exiting the airport follow the signs for Highway 401 East. Drive
east on Highway 401 for 27 Kilometres to the Don Valley Parkway/404
exit. Go north (towards Newmarket) on the 404 and exit at Hwy 7. Proceed
east on Hwy 7 to South Town Centre Blvd (South Town Centre Blvd is east
of Rodick Rd and west of Warden Ave). Turn right (south) on South Town
Centre Blvd Follow this road straight into the Lab.
GTA map with location of 8200 Warden Ave. (.pdf)
Area map of 8200 Warden Ave. (.pdf)
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01831 seconds