Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » Graph generators
Graph generators [message #563327] Wed, 21 April 2010 17:24 Go to next message
Stefan Edlund is currently offline Stefan EdlundFriend
A quick note about the graph generators since there was some interest on the STEM call today.

If you get the latest code from SVN (or the weekly integration build), the "New graph" wizard (available in the toolbar) now has the function needed to create the Lattice graph. Specify the xSize, ySize and the edges to create. Then drag the new graph into your model.

To make the graph show up in the Map when you run the simulation, you need to do two things.

1. Create a disease model for say 'human' and drag into the model
2. Create a Population Initializer (the little man with an 'I' next to it in the toolbar). Leave the population as 'human' and specify the number if individuals you want. Leave the location blank (this will make it global). Drag it into your model.

Now you should see the Lattice show up in the Map.
Re: Graph generators [message #563381 is a reply to message #563327] Sun, 25 April 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Filter is currently offline Matthias FilterFriend
Hi,

I tried to test the new graph generator feature using the weekly integration build and have some suggestions:
- It would be a nice feature if one could visualize the lattice graph in the map view without running a scenario.
- in my specific case (generating a graph using the standard values of the wizard: 10 by 10 grid) the map view displayed only a straight line, maybe you can give me a hint what to consider.
Some other things I noticed during the testing:
- when one has performed changes on e.g. a model and then right click on the model, there is no option that says "save"
- the right-click option "rename" is not working properly, at least I wasn't able to save the changes.

Matthias
Re: Graph generators [message #563409 is a reply to message #563381] Mon, 26 April 2010 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner KeilFriend
We had some good experience with Graphviz in our Eclipse RCP project, but I
know, there's frameworks like GEF which should be used preferably by Eclipse
projects.

Werner
Re: Graph generators [message #563578 is a reply to message #563381] Wed, 28 April 2010 20:44 Go to previous message
Stefan Edlund is currently offline Stefan EdlundFriend
To try and answer Matthias questions:

- It would be a nice feature if one could visualize the lattice graph in the map view without running a scenario.

Yes, this is a limitation. The way the map works right now is that will only display the polygons that has labels matching the ones specified in the drop downs. So if you select a disease model and then a population, it will only display regions having disease model labels matching the population.

- in my specific case (generating a graph using the standard values of the wizard: 10 by 10 grid) the map view displayed only a straight line, maybe you can give me a hint what to consider.

Hmmm, I have not seen that behavior before. You might want to double check that your graph was created correctly. In the Project Explorer, open your model, then open the graph and then Nodes. You should have a list like "LAT_SQR_0_0, LAT_SQR_0_1 etc.". If you still can't get it to work can you zip up your STEM project and send to me so I can take a look?

- when one has performed changes on e.g. a model and then right click on the model, there is no option that says "save"

That looks like a limitation in the Eclipse RCP. Save is available using Ctrl+S or under the File menu

- the right-click option "rename" is not working properly, at least I wasn't able to save the changes.
Rename is a new feature and it is possible that there are still bugs. I assume you used the popup menu function with the option that has an image like "A->B" next to it? What is the problem you're experiencing? Can you open a defect? It is possible we still have defects in this part of the code.

Regards,
/ Stefan

Matthias
Previous Topic:New Tutorial on Using Structured Populations
Next Topic:Government agencies and free mapping tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:59:01 GMT 2024