|license questions [message #562726]
||Thu, 21 September 2006 14:59
| Stan Rivera
Registered: July 2009
I have a couple of questions regarding license files and/or licensing for |
a branded product, which we will not be charging any fee. I have not
changed any existing Eclipse plug-ins, merely added my own for
customization. I will be adding the following to WTP1.5/VTP1.0:
1) I created a several new plug-ins:
a) com.<company>.speechtools - This plug-in holds all my branding stuff.
b) com.<company>.speechtools.doc - This plug-in holds my documentation
c) com.<company>.speechtools.vxml.ui - This plug-in has my Snippet
extension to the SnippetsContribution plug-in which contain custom VXML
that are only applicable to my company's speech platform.
2) I created a feature (com.<company>.speechtools.feature) for these
3) I created an update site project (com.<company>.speechtools.update) so
users can update these plug-ins from my website.
1) Do I need any special license or approval from the Eclipse foundation
to do what I am doing?
2) I plan on redistributing this branded version of Eclipse to users
developing on our speech platform. Am I required to submit any of my
plug-ins to the VTP (or any Eclipse) repository?
3) Is my version of Eclipse considered a "commercial" release? Based on
what I am doing, on there any items in particular in the EPL that you can
think of that I will need to comply with?
4) For my license files (and about.html files for each plug-in), is there
a template I need to follow or since this branded version is free, can I
merely put "This product is free." in the license file?
5) Do my plug-ins need to be made available for download from some
repository (or site). I plan on providing some contact information, will
Thank you for yor time!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03643 seconds