Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Higgins » Local I-Card store and local data store
Local I-Card store and local data store [message #562231] Sat, 01 September 2007 14:12
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: simas.uni_-_bremen.de

Hello everyone,

For the Higgins-based application, which i'm developing, both I-Cards and claims have to be stored locally. All resources on the client side are rather limited, including limited (or no) connectivity to the internet and limited processing capacity. Therefore all data, needed to generate a token, has to be on "disk", which will probably be SD, microSD or some other flash memory. This brings up a security question, how secure is to have your hopefully certified claims on your machine and the obvious solution is to have them in the encrypted/password protected form.
As far as I understand, IdAS and Context Providers are all about compatibility with multiple standards and physical data storage out of topic. Can anyone tell me, where and how do you get the claim data from? XML file format CP gave a clue that it might be stored just like that - a file on disk and its schema (did i get it wrong?).
Can anyone help me with this one? Or at least point in the right direction, because i seem to be stuck a bit:)
And of course sorry for possibly dumb questions, but for an outsider it's not so trivial to get hold of things.

Regards
Simas
Previous Topic:Local I-Card store and local data store
Next Topic:Will higgins support rights management
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:49:09 GMT 2024