Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Configuration bundles for ManagedServiceFactory
Configuration bundles for ManagedServiceFactory [message #559911] Mon, 20 September 2010 10:56 Go to next message
Kai  is currently offline Kai Friend
Hi,

I have successfully deployed a configuration bundle for a ManagedService by simply naming the properties file according to the Managed Service's service.pid property.

However, for a Managed Service Factory, it is totally unclear to me how to provide the properties for the separate instances the service factory is supposed to create.
I have tried to use a properties file name pattern as used by the file deployer Apache Felix uses, i.e.

factory_pid-service_pid_alias.properties

However, this did not have the intended effect. When I use Virgo's server console I can examine the config bundles and see that several corresponding configurations have been created but neither one of them has their factory pid set. Thus, when I deploy a bundle using Spring DM's support for <osgix:managed-service-factory> the services never get instantiated.

I also have not found any example for configuring ManagedServiceFactory with Virgo anywhere.

Any hints?
Re: Configuration bundles for ManagedServiceFactory [message #559914 is a reply to message #559911] Mon, 20 September 2010 11:09 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This isn't supported by Virgo, but it has been raised in the past, so I logged an enhancement.
Previous Topic:How to start a bundle
Next Topic:R-OSGi over Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:16:38 GMT 2024