Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Use of modisco to convert javacode to KDM
Use of modisco to convert javacode to KDM [message #559761] Fri, 17 September 2010 23:35 Go to next message
Suhrit Rimal is currently offline Suhrit RimalFriend
I am researcher new to modisco and KDM. I am trying to use java code to kdm . i installed eclipse modelling tools. Then I installed modisco by pressing few buttons over there. Now i have options:
1. Discover KDM model from java project.

When i use it i get file with extension kdm.
So my question here is is this the real KDM model becuase i am looking at your website regarding installation. and i see that we first need to convert to j2se5 and then to kdm.
And when i see at kdmalaytics.org 's example the .kdm file that is created is somewhat different.

I am not sure that kdm file that i am generated is the kdm file indeed. So in need of your help .
Thank you
Re: Use of modisco to convert javacode to KDM [message #625016 is a reply to message #559761] Wed, 22 September 2010 07:03 Go to previous message
Gabriel BARBIER is currently offline Gabriel BARBIERFriend
Hello,

To explain the process of getting a KDM model from a java project, you have to know that we are using an intermediate model (dedicated to java) and we transform this model into a KDM model.

But if you're talking about j2se5, it means that you are using version 0.7, and I might recommend to use version 0.8 for Helios. There is a new version of java metamodel.
For the latest features, you may want to test also version 0.9 Wink

About KDM, we share the same metamodel with KDMAnalytics, however the implementation is slightly different as we use EMF.
So the generated kdm file that you have obtained is a good one.

Regards,
Gabriel
Previous Topic:DiscoverSourceModelFromJavaProject
Next Topic:Cobol with Modisco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:01:22 GMT 2024