Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Graphical library for fancy effects
Graphical library for fancy effects [message #559232] Thu, 16 September 2010 06:48 Go to next message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Hello,

I don't know where to post this question precisely so I post it in the RCP forum (this is in some way related to RCP).
I am looking for a graphical library that can be used to enhance graphically an RCP application. Something similar to Draw2D but more targeted on fancy effects.

What I mean with "fancy effects" are things like antialiased fonts, transparent windows, easy to implement animations (like elements fading in/out), ...
So, in brief, everything that would help to make an RCP application visually appealing (typically, this would be done in a specific view).

Thanks.
Re: Graphical library for fancy effects [message #559306 is a reply to message #559232] Thu, 16 September 2010 10:36 Go to previous message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

You can have a look at the advanced graphics provided by SWT. You can see the SWT Advanced graphics example which shows the graphics operations.
In the eclipse SDK, go to: Help -> Welcome. On the welcome page select Samples ->Workbench views and standalone applications. This will download and install the examples into the eclipse SDK. And let you run the examples and also view the source.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Previous Topic:eclipse workebench plugin start problem
Next Topic:Context menu in a wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:25:38 GMT 2024