|Looking for a Quick Fix for adding required plugin dependencies [message #558817]
||Tue, 14 September 2010 14:18
| Matthias Heinrich
Registered: July 2010
I often face the problem that I want to use external classes in my own plugin project but I am having trouble to quickly add the required plugin.
- In my class I start writing code and type for instance WidgetProperties (a class in a plugin project which is not added as dependency yet)
- Now I would expect that I get a quick fix to add the dependency org.eclipse.jface.databinding
Currently, in order to figure out the correct plugin and to finally add the dependency I have to do the following
- Use the "Open Type" dialog (CTRL + SHIFT + T) to open the class (e.g. WidgetProperties)
- Select "Link with Editor" from the Package Explorer
- Select "Copy Qualified Name" from the context menu of the Package Explorer
- Write "import" in my own class & paste the qualified name (e.g. import org.eclipse.jface.databinding.swt.WidgetProperties)
- Now I finally get the Quick Fix „Add org.eclipse.jface.databinding.swt to imported packages"
Is there an easier way to add a required plugin? Or is there an explanation why I don't get the Quick Fix right away?
Thanks & Best,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02088 seconds