Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Launch SWTBot test in an opened Eclipse window(Is there a way to tell SWTBot to run tests in the opened Eclipse shell?)
icon5.gif  Launch SWTBot test in an opened Eclipse window [message #558155] Fri, 10 September 2010 11:26 Go to next message
isgarlo is currently offline isgarloFriend
Hello.
I have configured two platforms:

• eclipse SDK-3.4.2-win32 as the Self Hosting with SWTBot IDE Features.

• RationaI Application Developer (RAD 7.5.5) as the target platform with SWTBot for Eclipse Testing, SWTBot for GEF Testing, SWTBot for SWT Testing and SWTBot JUnit 4.x.

I open eclipse SDK-3.4.2-win32 and RAD workspaces.

What I need is to test menus, toolbars, etc from RAD shell clicking on them or introducing some text, etc. But, how to run an SWTBot test without launching a new program? I don't want to simulate. Is there a way to tell SWTBot to run tests in the opened RAD shell?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Launch SWTBot test in an opened Eclipse window [message #558168 is a reply to message #558155] Fri, 10 September 2010 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hi,

What you are trying to do reminds me the Ruby SWTBot console Ketan wrote a few month ago. See http://ketan.padegaonkar.name/2010/05/28/an-embedded-interpr eter-for-eclipse.html
I don't know whether it is open-source'd, but you can probably get some good ideas from it.

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/BPM_download.php
Re: Launch SWTBot test in an opened Eclipse window [message #878609 is a reply to message #558168] Tue, 29 May 2012 15:46 Go to previous message
Nicolas Haumont is currently offline Nicolas HaumontFriend
Hi,

I'm digging up an old topic but I am interested in that question.
How to run an existing SWTBot test on an already opened workbench ?

I would like to be able to launch my tests from eclipse on an external RCP application which is already launched. Has someone succeeded in doing such a thing ?

Thanks
Previous Topic:SWTBot with Maven 2.2.1
Next Topic:SWTBotViewMenu's click is not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:53:55 GMT 2024