Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » TreeViewer/TableViewer with lots columns performance problem
TreeViewer/TableViewer with lots columns performance problem [message #557889] Thu, 09 September 2010 06:51 Go to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal Niewrzal
Hi,

my RCP application use treeviewers and tableviewers. Everything works fine if I have few columns added. But any new colum slows viewer down. My bigest viewers has 13 columns and performance issue is very annoying. Mostly I test my application on GTK, but on windows this problem also occurred. In viewer I have about 100 elements, so it is not big amount. Anybody have familiar problem?
Re: TreeViewer/TableViewer with lots columns performance problem [message #558318 is a reply to message #557889] Sat, 11 September 2010 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
budili Missing name is currently offline budili Missing name

I have in my RCP a lot of table and treeviewers with many columns and elements. But i dont have these problems. If you have a very big amount of elements in the viewers then they gets slower, but not on 100 elements.

I think the problem are the providers or other listeners who you have registered.

How you build your Content- and LabelProvider?
Have you any kind of other listeners on the viewers?
Re: TreeViewer/TableViewer with lots columns performance problem [message #626313 is a reply to message #557889] Wed, 22 September 2010 10:01 Go to previous message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal Niewrzal
Thanks for response and sorry for my silence Smile

After some time I had time to investigate deeply my problem. I found that performance problems was caused by 2 things. First my tree viewer had few columns with OwnerDrawLabelProvider as a label provider. Second I'm using TreeViewerEditor for tree navigation. I can imagine that for some reasons drawing can be slow (I need still to check it) but I can't understand why TreeViewerEditor can cause performance problem.

I still inspecting this situation and I try to write something if I solve problem.
Previous Topic:Find TableColumn by Point
Next Topic:Is it possible to open QWidget parented to eclipse mdi area
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 20 06:46:02 EDT 2014