Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [QVTo] Truncate output file / do not append results
[QVTo] Truncate output file / do not append results [message #556692] Thu, 02 September 2010 11:01 Go to next message
Kirsten M. Z. is currently offline Kirsten M. Z.Friend
Messages: 131
Registered: July 2010
Senior Member
Hi @all,

well, I already performed some more or less complex experiments with QVTo. I read many tutorials, but the exact semantics of some things are still unclear to me. Hopefully, I get enlighted sometime.

My question refers to the (output) result of a transformation. My use case: I have an input model (file), perform an transformation, and I wanna get an output model (file). My problem: the result of my transormation is appended/embedded into the output file. That means, if I execute the transformation twice, my model is inside the output file two times. The workaround: delete the result file before each transformation. However, this approach is inconvenient and sounds unfamilar to me. Even if there are many scenarios in which such a behavior might be meaningful, I expect a completely new model/file, if I have a simple output (no inout, whatever).

Is this the normal behavior?
Am I doing something wrong?
I found the option "Clear contents" in the run configurations for the output model. However, the checkbox is disabled.

BTW: This behavior can simply be reproduced by creating and running the example shipped with QVTo "SimpleUML to RDB".
I am using Topcased 4.0.0 with QVTo 20100606

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2010 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [QVTo] Truncate output file / do not append results [message #556805 is a reply to message #556692] Thu, 02 September 2010 16:19 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 4188
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Vultur

This is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=320010

Regards

Ed Willink


On 02/09/2010 12:01, vultur wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> well, I already performed some more or less complex experiments with
> QVT. I read many tutorials, but the exact semantics of some things are
> still unclear to me. Hopefully, I get enlighted sometime.
>
> My question refers to the (output) result of a transformation. My use
> case: I have an input model (file), perform an transformation, and I
> wanna get an output model (file). My problem: the result of my
> transormation is appended/embedded into the output file. That means, if
> I execute the transformation twice, I my model is inside the output file
> two times. The workaround: delete the result file before each
> transformation. However, this approach is inconvenient and sounds
> unfamilar to me. Even if there are many scenarios in which such a
> behavior might be meaningful, I expect a completely new model/file, if I
> have a simple output (no inout, whatever).
> Is this the normal behavior?
> Am I doing something wrong?
> I found the option "Clear contents" in the run configurations for the
> output model. However, the checkbox is disabled.
>
> BTW: This behavior can simply be reproduced by creating and running the
> example shipped with QVTo "SimpleUML to RDB".
> I am using Topcased 4.0.0 with QVTo 20100606
Previous Topic:Refactoring UML!Property
Next Topic:[ATL] Ant task problem
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 02:43:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01511 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software