Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Question about dynamically reload bundles(bundle reloaded when version changed in Spring tool suite, how to do that in a program)
icon5.gif  Question about dynamically reload bundles [message #556565] Wed, 01 September 2010 19:40 Go to next message
Anthony Lee is currently offline Anthony LeeFriend
Hi,

Bundle reloaded when version changed in Spring tool suite, how to do that in a program.In which way I can tell
dm server that it need to reload this Bundle?

The requirement is : run the jobs on client side, there may be completely new job, newer version job and the time to run the job my be changed at runtime.

My plan is:
a job scheduler bundle, a par include a job implementation bundle and a job schedule configuration bundle;
When there is a new version par put into pickup, the old one will be unload and the new one will be load, the job scheduler will run the new jobs.

At this time I tried put a new version bundle to pickup directory, I found that
both bundles are active in dm server. Did I made any mistake? How to make dm server unload old and load new one? Is dm server the right choice for my requirement?

===========================================
In STS, When I set a bundle's version as a higher one, the dm server will unload the old one and reload the new one.

But when I export a higher version bundle and put it into pickup, the dm server
just load the new one and don't unload the old one. it seems dm server don't think they are the same bundle with different version. How to let dm server know they are the same one? Just like sts do.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Anthony
Re: Question about dynamically reload bundles [message #556722 is a reply to message #556565] Thu, 02 September 2010 13:00 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
STS uses an "update" operation to modify a bundle within a PAR. You should be able to do the same if you are happy to use JMX to get to the Virgo Deployer MBean, but this approach is not well documented as it's a bit out of the ordinary.

The semantics of the pickup directory are different and you can't use it to update individual bundles in a PAR.

Hope that helps.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Virgo tools installation
Next Topic:Question about dynamically reload bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:49:06 GMT 2024