Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » how to detect whether a plug-in was installed or not when installing new features by update site
how to detect whether a plug-in was installed or not when installing new features by update site [message #555252] Thu, 26 August 2010 05:39
Bill Grand is currently offline Bill GrandFriend
Hi Experts,

Are there any solutions for how to detect whether a plug-in was installed or not when installing new features by update site? Thanks.

For example, I have five plug-ins: A, B, C, D, E, provide that D and E depends on M1 plugin in Eclipse. My requirement is that if the M1 was installed in Eclipse, then A, B, C, D, E plug-ins should be installed, however, if M1 was NOT installed in Eclipse, then A, B, C should be installed successfully, while D and E should NOT be installed.

My solution is that create a feature named "MyFeature", and set A, B, C to its dependencies(Required Features/Plug-ins), and create another feature named "XFeature", and set D, E to its dependencies, lastly, set the "XFeature" to the included feature of "MyFeature".

However, when i use Eclipse update site to install, I found that "MyFeature" and "XFeature" were displayed, My aim is ONLY display "MyFeature" on the update site, while "XFeature" should NOT display on the update site, and the result is that if user's eclipse installed M1 plug-in, then MyFeature will be also installed (XFeature will be installed at the same time), Otherwise(M1 was not installed in user's eclipse) , ONLY MyFeature will be installed.

Do you have any suggestions, thanks.
Previous Topic:P2 - Nullpointer Exception at RepositoryTransport.download
Next Topic:Error when trying to build a P2 enabled product on Mac OS X / Cocoa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:38:59 GMT 2024