Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Handling the tab character in XML data sources
Handling the tab character in XML data sources [message #555144] Wed, 25 August 2010 15:11 Go to next message
Nick P. is currently offline Nick P.
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
It seems that tabs in XML data sources do not display in reports properly. In the web viewer, they turn into a single space and in PDFs, they are removed entirely. I've tried using an actual tab in the XML, and I've also tried encoding using " ", both if which behave the same way.

How can I get tabs to display in my reports from XML data sources?
Re: Handling the tab character in XML data sources [message #675912 is a reply to message #555144] Wed, 01 June 2011 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Yeh is currently offline Joseph Yeh
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I was wondering if this question has been resolved yet. I have exactly the same question.
Re: Handling the tab character in XML data sources [message #786791 is a reply to message #555144] Mon, 30 January 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Birt is currently offline Bob Birt
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Bump. Same issue.
Re: Handling the tab character in XML data sources [message #787451 is a reply to message #786791] Tue, 31 January 2012 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Bob,

Can you look at formatting the data items to preserve white space? See
this thread:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/tree/154512/#page_top

Jason

On 1/30/2012 3:25 PM, Bob Birt wrote:
> Bump. Same issue.
Re: Handling the tab character in XML data sources [message #787549 is a reply to message #787451] Tue, 31 January 2012 17:55 Go to previous message
Bob Birt is currently offline Bob Birt
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
That works. Thanks!


I solved this in a different, less elegant way:

1) Use a Dynamic Text field,
2) Set the Expression to the desired column field
3) Set the Content Type to HTML
4) Modify the leading spaces in the text to be  

Previous Topic:Using connection profiles with Weblogic
Next Topic:How to Hide Table Detail Row Runtime
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 22 05:07:30 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02012 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software