Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group
icon5.gif  EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group [message #554728] Tue, 24 August 2010 05:22 Go to next message
Roch B is currently offline Roch B
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2010
Junior Member
Hello,

I'm working with Topcased and I would like to make sure that the exported XMI would be compliant with the OMG MIWG test suites.

Is the Eclipse UML2 implementation compliant with the work of the OMG MIWG for XMI?

Thank you in advance,

Roch
Re: EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group [message #554854 is a reply to message #554728] Tue, 24 August 2010 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26013
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Roch,

I doubt anyone is testing for that. I'd suggest testing that yourself
and reporting back. Most of the UML2 vendors have standardized on the
Eclipse UML2 implementation; that will certainly improve the interchange
story even without standards.


rok wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with http://www.topcased.org/ and I would like to make
> sure that the exported XMI would be compliant with the
> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start#t est_suite
>
> Is the Eclipse UML2 implementation compliant with the work of the
> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start for XMI?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Roch
>
Re: EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group [message #554894 is a reply to message #554854] Tue, 24 August 2010 12:05 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4035
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Roch

OMG working groups increasingly standardise on Ecore and UML2 tooling
which further improves interoperability. The latest UML spec is
autogenerated with the aid of M2M/QVTo. However any changes in the last
couple of years may have been overlooked.

Regards

Ed Willink


On 24/08/2010 15:25, Ed Merks wrote:
> Roch,
>
> I doubt anyone is testing for that. I'd suggest testing that yourself
> and reporting back. Most of the UML2 vendors have standardized on the
> Eclipse UML2 implementation; that will certainly improve the interchange
> story even without standards.
>
>
> rok wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working with http://www.topcased.org/ and I would like to make
>> sure that the exported XMI would be compliant with the
>> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start#t est_suite
>>
>> Is the Eclipse UML2 implementation compliant with the work of the
>> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start for XMI?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Roch
>>
Re: EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group [message #628615 is a reply to message #554854] Tue, 24 August 2010 12:05 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4035
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Roch

OMG working groups increasingly standardise on Ecore and UML2 tooling
which further improves interoperability. The latest UML spec is
autogenerated with the aid of M2M/QVTo. However any changes in the last
couple of years may have been overlooked.

Regards

Ed Willink


On 24/08/2010 15:25, Ed Merks wrote:
> Roch,
>
> I doubt anyone is testing for that. I'd suggest testing that yourself
> and reporting back. Most of the UML2 vendors have standardized on the
> Eclipse UML2 implementation; that will certainly improve the interchange
> story even without standards.
>
>
> rok wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working with http://www.topcased.org/ and I would like to make
>> sure that the exported XMI would be compliant with the
>> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start#t est_suite
>>
>> Is the Eclipse UML2 implementation compliant with the work of the
>> http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start for XMI?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Roch
>>
Previous Topic:EMF and the OMG Model Interchange Working Group
Next Topic:UML 2.x - Raising Events on Transition (State Machine / Effect)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 12:27:58 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.08449 seconds